Question

Office 365 install problem

We bought Office 365 Home that is good for 6 people. We have installed it once. Now one of the users is trying to install and gets an error "This product key has already been used. Please sign in with the active Office account that you used with this product key before or enter a new product key here."
What do we need to do to get this installed on other devices? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Office 365 install problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Office 365 install problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
License and install issues

Are all on Microsoft. Be sure to have your purchase information ready when you call this in.

I sure hope this isn't one of those bogus reseller issues. Those get everyone upset.

PS. Wrong word corrected.

Post was last edited on May 31, 2019 2:49 PM PDT

- Collapse -
License and install issues - Office 365

We bought it at Best Buy, so it's not bogus. Same as where bought last year.
I don't know what you mean by "have your purchase information ready when you call this in." Yes all are on Microsoft. What now? Thanks

- Collapse -
Should be no problem.

Good luck on the call.

- Collapse -
Answer
check the licensing terms

what you are told could be different that what the license says. there should be license or terms of use file with the copy that is installed. might want to look it up and see what it says.

- Collapse -
check the licensing terms - license and install issues

I still don't know who I was supposed to call, as referenced in 2 replies.
but someone found out from Best Buy that the problem was the other user simply needed the Microsoft account and password used when initially set up.
thanks for all your replies!

CNET Forums