Question

Office 365

I keep getting this message even though I've done the file association for my email program. (Outlook.com):

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

After I close this message, I can still get to my email in the inbox of Outlook so it allows me to create, send etc. So, I'm confused as to why this message still comes up as I have Outlook 2016 as my "default email app" in "settings".

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jnulr

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Office 365
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Office 365
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Here, outlook.com is web mail

And is not a program or an app. You might have to set the email program manually but since you wrote Outlook.com, I think we need clarification on what app you have.

- Collapse -
Web Mail

I just installed Office 365 and I would like Outlook to become my primary email address. So, is there a problem using my email address of (xxxxx@outlook.com)? I thought because it was an MS product they would make this a simple task. As I said, I have Outlook 2016 as my default email account in Windows 10. Sorry, guess I'm not understanding the concept. I am not using an APP for this. At least I don't think I am.

- Collapse -
OK, Outlook 2016 setup
- Collapse -
Send/Receive works fine with Outlook 2016

BUT that message is always left behind.

- Collapse -
Maybe I put in too many steps in my last reply?

I don't see your answer to my question. The one about the "second picture about Apps"

- Collapse -
"second picture about apps"?

Guess I'm missing something Shocked . I've got Outlook email working and I can send/receive etc. with all my email accounts in one place which I like, but each time I close out Outlook, this message (see above) is still present ( I close it and all seems fine). As I've said previously, I set up Outlook 2016 as my "default" email with Windows 10, so at this point I think it might be a bug. Thanks for trying to help.

- Collapse -
Or...

Be sure to check that apps screen but one more thing I ran into.

The security suites can break this function. Here it works but we are using Microsoft's own Defender.

CNET Forums

Forum Info