Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Office 2007 vs Office 2003 and upgrade policy

I currentyly have Office 2000 Professional. I am thinking of upgrading to Office 2003 Pro but can not find any information on when the full/final version of 2007 will be out. I also can not find any related support articles or paths on the might Microsoft page that addresses if I buy the 03 now will I have to pay again for th 07.

They are kind enought to tell us that by email they will charge $99 to answer a question or $500 by phone. What sweet hearts. Give us your money then leave us alone is the message I get nowadays. I also search the site for Office related fourms and all they come up with is developer forums. I have left messages in several general related forums but no responce even though there are many employees on them.

Anyone here have any idea about release dates and the policy regarding a purchase now and upgrading again soon costs.

Thanks all

Mike

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Office 2007 vs Office 2003 and upgrade policy
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Office 2007 vs Office 2003 and upgrade policy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is like asking how much

In reply to: Office 2007 vs Office 2003 and upgrade policy

The GM Volt wieghs when it comes out. Sorry, but let's skip to something more tangible.

What's not working in Office 2003 that you need 2007?

Also, I'm still back at Office 2000 or my upgrade was Open Office from http://www.openoffice.org It's all I need.

Bob

Collapse -
I'm still at 2000 as well

In reply to: This is like asking how much

I am still using 2000 but was going to upgrade to 2003 as all the newer templates and support are based on that. I do some web work with Access as well so thought there would be an improvement.

Only issue is if I buy the 2003 for the $300+ the 2007 comes out now or in few months do I have to pay again.
Mike

Collapse -
Ahh, I'd wait! Somewhere from here to there...

In reply to: I'm still at 2000 as well

Microsoft has offered prior version buyers a free stepup to the soon to be released issue. Stay tuned. It's only days away from what I see.

Bob

Collapse -
Ahh, I'd wait! Somewhere from here to there...

In reply to: Ahh, I'd wait! Somewhere from here to there...

Thanks,

I havn't been able to locate reiveiws, etc other than some appeaence complaints. Do we know if it's settled down stable and ready to use or still in the throes of things?

I appreciate the help and comments.

Mike

Collapse -
Call CDW......

In reply to: Ahh, I'd wait! Somewhere from here to there...

CDW is a software cataloger/etailer that is very knowledgable about licensing and upgrade issues. And they're very happy to talk to you about it for free. Go to www.cdw.com or call them at 800-750-4239

Collapse -
Added MS information for upgrade policies

In reply to: Call CDW......

Just a note. Was led to this site http://www.microsoft.com/athome/techguarantee/northamerica.mspx by the sales support group at Microsoft after CDW folks did some research. The great thing about this is that I can/have paid the $329 upgrade price to go to 2003 Pro boxed set, and will get the 2007 Pro boxed set at no cost other than shipping. 2007 is due out by the end of Jan and they seem firm on that now.

So now I will have 2003 to fall back on if 2007 is not stable for some reason and am safe if the upgrade price is higher once 07 is released.

Hope that helps anyone following the thread.

Mike

Collapse -
I had the same thing with 2003 vs. XP/2002

In reply to: Added MS information for upgrade policies

I called CDW when we were on Office 2000. 2003 was already out, but there was an issue involving our specific MS Access database where it would run correctly on Access XP/2002 but not on Access 2003. So they were able to get us both XP and 2003 at just the price of 2003 so we could stay on Office XP until we could use 2003. Good luck!

Collapse -
Office 2007 reviews

In reply to: Office 2007 vs Office 2003 and upgrade policy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.