1. What do you mean with "download Office 2003". I've never seen a downloadable version (except maybe for MVP's). The usual way is to buy a CD.
2. Problems can occur if you install 2003 without properly uninstalling the trial version of 2007. What exactly did you do after the "download"?
3. Office 2003 updates will come from windowsupdate or Microsoft update, not from MSN.
4. "they will not load". Tell exactly what you do and what happens.
5. "I transferred data". What data? And how did you transfer them.
6. "my desktop will not accept it". What exactly do you do and what does exactly does the desktop do (say "boo" or shutdown, for example?)
Sorry to have only questions, no answers yet.
Problem 1: After purchasing a laptop with Vista Home Premium, I opted to download Office 2003 instead "trying out" Office 2007 that was a 30 day trial that came with the laptop.
I am receiving Office 2003 updates from MSN but they will not load in the Vista environment. How do I accomplish the successful downloads?
Problem 2: I transfered data from Outlook 2003 on my Win2K desktop to my Outlook 2003 that I installed on my Vista based laptop.
Having to rebuild mydesktop, I found that the data will not transfer back from Vista to Win2K. I copied it to a disk from my laptop and my desktop would not accept it.
Are there any thoughts on either of the preceding 2 problems??