General discussion

Office 2000 Shortcut Bar Loads Twice

For some reason my Microsoft Office 2000 Shortcut Bar loads twice when I boot up my machine. It just started doing this out of the blue. There is just one shortcut to the application in my startup folder.

Any ideas?!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Office 2000 Shortcut Bar Loads Twice
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Office 2000 Shortcut Bar Loads Twice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
so, remove one, or both

You obviously have 2 startups for the Shortcut Bar.
So just remove the one from your Startup folder and be done with it.

OR
After you remove the one from your Startup folder, just log off/on and you should then just have one running.

At that time just right-click the header of the Shortcut Bar and Exit it. You will be asked if you want to just shut it off this one time or for all future times as well. Tell it all future times as well.

Then, just start up your Shortcut Bar the way you prefer. At that time you should only have that one registered.

- Collapse -
Nope

There is only 1 startup for the Shortcut Bar in my Startup folder--that's the first thing I checked. It's no big deal, just annoying...

- Collapse -
yes there is one there, but why find the 2nd one?

I didn't say there were 2 in the Startup folder.
I said remove the one from the Startup folder.

Then when your re-logon there will only be one running.
When you do the right-click of the only existing and running SC Bar, at that time, will remove wherever that other one is being run from.
That way you don't have to try and find it. (It can be in at least 2 places in your registry - why bother to try and find it).

- Collapse -
Understood

Got it--thanks!

CNET Forums

Forum Info