Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

odd question about monitor colour display

a bit of an odd question for you , i think:

while changing the background colour to my desktop from blue to black, i was told to "please wait" while it changed the colour. as i was waiting, the whole monitor except for the "please wait" box went black and white. you know, i actually kind of liked it. it wouldn't be bad to work in black and white from time to time for a change.

is there a way to get windows to do this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: odd question about monitor colour display
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: odd question about monitor colour display
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It would take a lot of time for in Display

In reply to: odd question about monitor colour display

Under Appearance is Advanced to click on, icons would still have color but since your desktop is now black, other items you have to consider is the active and inactive window, will they be white with black letters?? The edge of them will they be white or black?
While you are pondering all the changes, a warning is that you may not get things back to what they look like now. Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
not quite what i meant...

In reply to: It would take a lot of time for in Display

Collapse -
Iannot help you then for it would take a real genius

In reply to: not quite what i meant...

Provide you with that kind of information and may require major changes to how you WINXP is setup.
Unfortunately, that is out of my league. Darrell Lewis

Collapse -
Display Firefox

In reply to: not quite what i meant...

Tools > options > Content > Colors

Uncheck "allow web pages to choose their own colors ...."

In "Text and Background" choose the colors you want by clicking on the color box.

Bill

Collapse -
re:

The only way I know of to do this is by adjusting your monitor's settings to display no colors.

Collapse -
Black and white....?

The looks more like "grey scale" Perhaps it's the graphics card. Try: Right click desktop for Display Properties> Settings>Advance>Color Management. Select a color profile ? Add another ?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.