Question

Odd one: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard only works on Duracell?

Hey Folks,

I have an add one here. I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 with AA batteries that are obviously low on juice. I try and swap them out for brand new EverReady batteries, and they don't work (I used 20 different combinations of the entire pack of 8. I i use rechargable AA Energizer battery, and they don't work. No matter what troubleshooting I do (different USB ports, syncing via the button, etc), I get no response.

I plug in any combination of the three failing Duracell batteries, and it instantly works and syncs (although has shoddy connection issues).

What the heck?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Odd one: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard only works on Duracell?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Odd one: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard only works on Duracell?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Oh and also

Oh also- I try those same batteries that the keyboard wouldn't sync with on other devices (e.g. an old AA battery powered Digital camera and it shows that the batteries have full power.

- Collapse -
Answer
By any chance you work for Duracell?

Logic says pilot error all the way.

- Collapse -
Batteries

Hmmmm.....a brand sensitive device, I have to take a break and think this one over.

- Collapse -
Answer
I'd call Microsoft on this one.

In the past Microsoft was pretty quick to swap the odd mouse or keyboard out. Try asking them for an exchange.

CNET Forums