Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

odd networking problem

by Chardonguy / December 3, 2007 9:00 AM PST

Hello everybody.
Let me start by giving the details.

I have three PCs in my home.
All three are networked with an active hub that ties to my modem.
Two of my PCs can access the internet as well as my sons XBox360.

Now for my problem.

The newest PC is a Compaq with Vista Home Basic OS.
AMD Sempron 3600+
894 MB RAM
32 bit operating system
120 gig HD

I have not been able to get onto the internet since I plugged in the cable.

However, when I run the diagnostic tests found in the Compaq Hardware Tools it says the connection is good and running at 100.00mbps
I can ping the other PCs successfully
I can ping the modem successfully

It seems to me that I cant get passed my modem since pinging a website times out

What about my modem would cause this PC to get locked out?
Or is it a Vista default setting in Explorer?

Please advise

Thanks
Jim

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: odd networking problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: odd networking problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Where's the router?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2007 12:45 PM PST
In reply to: odd networking problem

Also, why are the make and models plus settings in your posts?

Bob

Collapse -
not in the loop anymore
by Chardonguy / December 4, 2007 6:39 AM PST
In reply to: Where's the router?

The router I have seems to be having a problem getting the signals through so I removed it. The rest of my computers have no problems with networking, LAN or WAN.

Collapse -
makes and models
by Chardonguy / December 4, 2007 6:57 AM PST

Rob, I seldom post on the net, but every time that I have a tech type question everyone seems to get mad if you don't give them your system details. Is it against the policy that I didn't really read concerning what you can post?

Collapse -
It's like obsuring the make and model of your car
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2007 7:39 AM PST
In reply to: makes and models

When you want it serviced. If you feel such is not needed just say so. But I don't like working blindfolded.

Bob

Collapse -
You lost me
by Chardonguy / December 4, 2007 9:10 AM PST

I have no idea what you are getting at now. Did you reread all posts to make sure we are saying the same things? Is your first post supposed to say "what are" and not "why are"? That is the only thing I can figure is wrong here.
The router works, I just reattached it. It is a Hawking HBR 49. Now that I reattached it the hub(new) doesn't work. It is a Lynksys NH1005(new).
This is how I have it set up.
wall phone jack to modem, a Speedstream 4200.
Modem to router.
2 original PCs are currently in router because the hub will not work from router ports.
The hub is currently connected to the first port, no signal.
PCs are in 2 & 3 working fine
I am going to double check the cabling to make sure new cable isn't different wiring sequence.

Collapse -
Yes I make typographic errors.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2007 11:52 PM PST
In reply to: You lost me

But without make, model and how things are connected we are often left with no where to start. Sorry about that.

"because the hub will not work from router ports."

Armed with that clue I am still missing the make/model of the HUB. Some have the AUTOMDX feature, some don't. My ANSWER is that you didn't wire to the uplink port but without the make/model I can't be sure of that answer.

Bob

Collapse -
lol.
by RagingAura / December 6, 2007 2:21 PM PST

yall make it sound so difficult. its probably an ip addroess conflict. the modem has a default ip address of probably 192.168.0.1 and you router probably does too.
google ur models and they should tell u the exact ip address. ok connect modem with lan cable to pc. type in ip address in ie, and u should get to a browser based config utility for your modem. just change the ip to something other than ur router ip address, and make sure no computer will ever use that address on ur network. ex 192.168.0.2 instead of 192.168.0.1. then rehook everything and you sohuld get connected.

Collapse -
sorry
by RagingAura / December 6, 2007 2:22 PM PST
In reply to: lol.

for bad spelling and grammar.
just make sure your router and medem have different ip addresses, and you have entered the right info into them. ie. you have dsl and a static ip address or a username and password. you have to enter those things.

Collapse -
IP addresses are set to config automatically
by Chardonguy / December 7, 2007 7:06 AM PST
In reply to: lol.

I got the New PC to join in but now I have a laptop that wife uses in a corporate VPN that suddenly won't work. I am reviewing the manual for the router now and will get this figured out somehow. I agree that it is a router setting or two. Some of the jargon is still 4in to me.

Collapse -
I did post it in my message
by Chardonguy / December 7, 2007 7:03 AM PST

It is the Linksys mentioned above.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.