Rant

NYC..Morning After Pill...Schools

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: NYC..Morning After Pill...Schools
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: NYC..Morning After Pill...Schools
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
They are tested to see IF they are pregnant BEFORE

they are given the Morning After Pill.

They won't show as being pregnant if it is for something that happened the night before.

- Collapse -
Pregnancy Tests
http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/pregnancy-tests.cfm#e

My home pregnancy test says that I am not pregnant. Might I still be pregnant?

Yes. So, most home pregnancy tests (HPTs) suggest women take the test again in a few days or a week if the result is negative.

Each woman ovulates at a different time in her menstrual cycle. Plus, the fertilized egg can implant in a woman's uterus at different times. So, the accuracy of HPT results varies from woman to woman. Other things can also affect the accuracy. Sometimes women get false negative results when they test too early in the pregnancy. This means that the test says you are not pregnant when you are. Other times, problems with the pregnancy can affect the amount of hCG in the urine.

If your HPT is negative, test yourself again in a few days or one week. If you keep getting a negative result but think you are pregnant, talk with your doctor right away.

http://contraception.about.com/od/contraceptionfailure/a/pregnancytests.htm

It is important to point out that the 90-99 percent test accuracy claims are generally true once a woman is further along in a pregnancy - just not during the first few days. This is why it is usually best to wait at least one week after a missed period to take a pregnancy test. Keep in mind, that even though many home pregnancy tests can be taken as early as the first day of a missed period (and claim to be 99 percent effective on the day of a missed period), most of these pregnancy tests will not consistently detect a pregnancy this early.
- Collapse -
The very fact that IT COULD BE

USED AS ONE proves that the medication that would abort is within the pill and that makes it IS ONE.

You said in the other post that "they are tested to see IF they are pregnant BEFORE they are given the morning after pill". Do you realize what you just admitted to? IF they AREN'T pregnant, they wouldn't NEED the morning after pill, now would they? And just WHO does that testing and how since the fastest accurate result for a pregnancy test, that I know of, is a urine test and it does NOT show up in less than 24 hours....so, I believe you are wrong on that count.

- Collapse -
RE:IF they AREN'T pregnant,
IF they AREN'T pregnant, they wouldn't NEED the morning after pill,

You can't have sex without getting pregnant?

EVERY time a female has sex she gets pregnant...without fail...HAVE SEX?...You're Preggo!...NO doubt?

I don't think that's true.

Give it up Toni...you are just talking to hear yourself talk...

THINK about what you're saying.
- Collapse -
Any pill that works

the morning after conception is by definition an abortion pill.

- Collapse -
Give it up JP

You have no clue about what you're debating........IF a girl has sex the night BEFORE she requests the MORNING AFTER pill, she won't know if she's gotten pregnant or not. No test can tell her that information that quickly. So she takes the pill NOT KNOWING......she COULD be pregnant or she could NOT be pregnant. IF she WAS pregnant, she will abort. IF she WASN'T, she's taken the pill for nothing. Now thinking about what YOU'RE saying.........take a pill, and never worry about it.....that promotes sexual activity because the kid feel invincible. It seems the only time the pill won't be available is from Saturday morning and Sunday morning......it might be too late by Monday morning if she had sex on Friday night, and still too early to do the test you insist she would be given, even the morning after. You haven't responded to that part of your post.......please do, so I can again shake my head at your total ignorance.

What about the program that was in place to also hand out condoms for free at the schools? Are the kids not using them, even to prevent STD's? Obviously, NYC doesn't believe so or they wouldn't be promoting this pill to replace it in the minds of the kids.

- Collapse -
RE: IF a girl has sex the night BEFORE
IF a girl has sex the night BEFORE she requests the MORNING AFTER pill, she won't know if she's gotten pregnant or not. No test can tell her that information that quickly.

However, If a female has sex once and does not take the morning after pill or any birth control and gets pregnant and...THEN, a week or more later, has sex again and goes for the morning after pill....when she is tested (BEFORE they give the morning after pill) for pregnancy it will show as her being pregnant. THAT is what is meant when they check to see if she is ALREADY pregnant. THAT'S how/why they are able to tell she is pregnant...not for the night before, but from the week or more before.

NO sense giving a morning after pill if you're already preggo...That's a waste of the taxpayers money...you have to upgrade and get the abortion pill.

It seems the only time the pill won't be available is from Saturday morning and Sunday morning......it might be too late by Monday morning if she had sex on Friday night, and still too early to do the test you insist she would be given, even the morning after. You haven't responded to that part of your post.......please do, so I can again shake my head at your total ignorance.

From a link I previously posted, that I guess you neglected to read.

Ella can be taken up to five days after intercourse, therefore working for the entire life span of the sperm.

Thanking you in advance for a link to a video of Bobble Head (shaking head)Toni.
- Collapse -
PS...BANG!!!

I guess I shot down another one. Since the only thing I hear is silence and a gunshot.

A liberal with a gun? Actually, it's just a starter pistol, I only use it for the sound. Devil.

- Collapse -
Unlike you, I actually have a life here

and have two toddler grandkids without their parents around for the next five days and they take first priority for me rather than your stupid posts.

Again.....you never said anything about WHO will do that testing (and you never mentioned a test for a PRIOR possible pregnancy...only the 'night before' so that's what I spoke to you about). WHO gives permission for that TEST now? Or is that another OPT OUT situation?

In any event....this whole pill popping situation is a government control issue that actually promotes sexual activity......do you agree? What about the repeat offenders.......are they just handing that pill willy-nilly with no questions about how often she's showing up to put her hand out? Counseling available? Any possibility of building up an immunity to it like can happen with antibiotics? Are there any alternatives being offered other than this pill because obviously the free condoms programs haven't worked and the pill won't stop an STD.

- Collapse -
rather than your stupid posts.

IF that's how you feel.

Go take care of them and get off of SE.

I can't believe you didn't mention WHO will give them pills during Christmas Break, Easter Break and Summer vacation.

- Collapse -
It could be that students can arrange

for standing appointments...every Monday morning, perhaps. The nurse sets up a table by the entry way because he/she already knows what they did over the weekend. The students are frisked for weapons and receive their meds on their way to home room. What plan could be easier?

- Collapse -
Counseling

I looked to see if the program included counseling. I couldn't find anything saying whether it does or not, but I know that the condom program does and it is mandatory if someone wants the condoms, so if I was going to guess I would say that this program does too.

- Collapse -
Please don't guess

because anything is possible or impossible with this liberal plan........I couldn't find anything related to counseling either, but I would suspect that somebody from Planned Parenthood will be either on the school payroll to do the dispensing or there voluntarily for that purpose and to even possibly do that testing that JP says will happen.

- Collapse -
The difference between your guess and mine....

......is that mine is based on how an existing similar program is being implemented, and yours is based solely on your personal prejudices regarding "liberals."

- Collapse -
PS...Toni, I'd answer all those questions for you've posed

But you're to busy with the kids and grandkids to read my responses.

- Collapse -
Oh, please, please

answer the questions......at least none of them are the "IF" types YOU toss around in here. I'll make the time after bathtime, brushing of teeth, and bedtime for them if I'm still able to stay awake....so if I make the effort, I expect you will, too.

- Collapse -
RE: none of them are the "IF" types

They aren't ?

What about the repeat offenders.......are they just handing that pill willy-nilly with no questions about how often she's showing up to put her hand out? Counseling available? Any possibility of building up an immunity to it like can happen with antibiotics? Are there any alternatives being offered other than this pill because obviously the free condoms programs haven't worked and the pill won't stop an STD.

I tell ya'...It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

- Collapse -
Toni...this is the kind of response you're missing out on
Are there any alternatives being offered other than this pill because obviously the free condoms programs haven't worked

Plan B IS an alternative...to protect girls against the stupid foolish boys, There is only so much the government can do to protect you against yourself.
- Collapse -
And you didn't answer any of them

You're right...it's like shooting fish in a barrel because when I DO ask direct questions instead of asking hypothetical IF scenarios like you do, you deflect and ignore......

As for protecting somebody from themselves, that's NOT the government's job....at ANY level.

And I pointedly asked if there was an alternative OTHER than the Plan B abortion pill....and you answered that the PILL IS the alternative. What a jerk......

Obviously, you are absolutely in favor of the government controlling conception......sounds like China to me.

- Collapse -
RE: What a jerk......

That's not nice Toni.

I can picture it now, you giving the grandkids a bath and helping them brush their teeth, thinking...'What can I ask JP?"

And I pointedly asked if there was an alternative OTHER than the Plan B abortion pill

Plan B is NOT an abortion pill.

Condom was Plan A, Morning After pill is Plan B, Sex Ed is Plan C, Chastity Belt is Plan D, Vasectomy is Plan E, Hysterectomy is Plan F. Is that enough Plans for you?

the government controlling conception.

The government may control the pills, but they don't "control conception". A person doesn't go to get a pill, the universe unfolds as it should, the government knows nothing, sees nothing and hears nothing. ONE of the persons (the female) that had sex "controls conception" .

The person that had sex goes and gets the pill? THAT person once again "controls conception". Since that person went and got the pill THEY "controlled conception" once AGAIN.

UNLESS the government "forces or prevents" taking the pill THEY don't "control conception.

Got any stories of the "government/school" forcing students to take the Morning After Pill OR forcing them to wear a condom?

WHO is in control?

Still think the government is "controlling conception"?

- Collapse -
JP

>>>UNLESS the government "forces or prevents" taking the pill THEY don't "control conception.>>>>

By forcing the parents to OPT OUT instead of OPTING IN, they ARE controlling conception.

AND one issue that hasn't been discussed yet, is by allowing a 14 year old girl to get the pill 'no questions asked', they are also NOT dealing with possible statutory rape issues. NO investigation can happen, NO charges brought, nada.

This is a bad idea no matter what way it tries to be spun by the left.........

- Collapse -
RE: AND one issue that hasn't been discussed yet, is by all
AND one issue that hasn't been discussed yet, is by allowing a 14 year old girl to get the pill 'no questions asked', they are also NOT dealing with possible statutory rape issues. NO investigation can happen, NO charges brought, nada.

Don't put the deflector shield up. I haven't straightened you out on the Plan B portion yet.

By forcing the parents to OPT OUT instead of OPTING IN, they ARE controlling conception.

That's it? That's your argument to the points I brought up?

Nothing to say about UNLESS the kid takes the first step after having sex...nothing else happens as far as Plan B?

Do you agree or not? The Kid MUST make the first step...either way?
- Collapse -
Are you kidding me?

The KID has to make the first step????? Are you insane? You are giving a KID that much power to actually make a decision that will affect her whole future, but don't take into consideration that that kid might be a victim of statutory or actual rape and is too afraid to go to her parents with that information so finds an 'easy out'.......take a freaking abortion pill that WILL abort IF she is pregnant or do nothing if she isn't. It isn't going to solve the actual problem that she might have to go home to if her rapist lives in the house or an older 'boyfriend' who is putting pressure on her to prove her love....and it isn't going to get real justice for her in any event because no investigation will take place because the school will make the same assumption you just did.........SHE made the decision to have sex when that may not be the case at all. You have a scared 14 yr old who will look for the fastest and easiest solution to a problem.........and it's NOT a real solution. And yet you are fine with this and feel I'M deflecting the conversation/debate by even bring this issue up.

Yeah...you are a jerk.....and I'm done dealing with you on this thread no matter how or if you even respond.

- Collapse -
So now we go from

Drug Pushers selling drugs at schools being a crime, to Drug Pushers giving away drugs at school and it not being a crime. To steal a phrase from a Virginia Slims cigarette commercial, "We've certainly come a long way, baby!"

Govt Drug Pushers in the schools. 30-40 years ago, who would have imagined it would be like that today? What was criminal will now become accepted, a new mundane fact of existence in this rapidly corrupting country?

- Collapse -
RE:You are giving a KID that much power
The KID has to make the first step????? Are you insane? You are giving a KID that much power to actually make a decision that will affect her whole future, but don't take into consideration that that kid might be a victim of statutory or actual rape and is too afraid to go to her parents with that information so finds an 'easy out'.......take a freaking abortion pill that WILL abort IF she is pregnant or do nothing if she isn't. It isn't going to solve the actual problem that she might have to go home to if her rapist lives in the house or an older 'boyfriend' who is putting pressure on her to prove her love....and it isn't going to get real justice for her in any event because no investigation will take place because the school will make the same assumption you just did.........SHE made the decision to have sex when that may not be the case at all. You have a scared 14 yr old who will look for the fastest and easiest solution to a problem.........and it's NOT a real solution. And yet you are fine with this and feel I'M deflecting the conversation/debate by even bring this issue up.

might be a victim of statutory or actual rape (and if she wasn't you'd have no problem?, or is this just a red herring?)

she might have to go home to if her rapist lives in the house or an older 'boyfriend' who is putting pressure on her to prove her love(or it could be a 'boyfriend' of the same age. OR it could be her Preacher)

may not be the case at all

You accuse me of "IF" scenarios. I include "might, may not" as "IF" scenarios

You don't have to "give" teenagers power...THEY TAKE it. Did their parents give them the power to have sex without the parents knowing? Oh wait.... I guess they did, when they didn't return the Plan B Opt Out forms. But you don't want to talk about that.

Yeah...you are a jerk.....and I'm done dealing with you on this thread no matter how or if you even respond.

Calling me names....How childish.....What time does Elementary School get out down there?....I should get one of my female grandkids to meet you in the schoolyard after you get out of school...Do you let your grandkids call other children names?

I guess it's OK between us, because we're both old farts. You are an old fart aren't you...drawing SSI or what ever you call it down there?

and I'm done dealing with you on this thread no matter how or if you even respond.

....I realize having little brats running around the house can be stressful. You'll be more amicable after the grandkids leave.

Take care of yourself, Toni
- Collapse -
And it all ignores

the venereal disease problems too.

- Collapse -
(NT) One problem at a time please.
- Collapse -
Geesh. Is it coming to this?

The kids have a line up of pills by their lunch trays just like those in nursing homes?

- Collapse -
RE: pills by their lunch trays

Will the calories in the pills be included in the 850 calorie per lunch figures?

CNET Forums