PC Hardware forum

General discussion

nVidia GeForce FXGo5700 display driver problem

I have a HP Pavillion notebook zd7380us, with an nvidia geforce fx5700 grafic card, so far I was playing some games without a problem, then it came Doom3 and after completing several levels the computer start crashing, I have done everything from updating drivers, game versions, and still have problems, then it happens that when restarting the laptop on the very first screen before log in, it looks funny with some vertical color lines and white dots, then when it strat to log in to windows the screen goes black, I have repair and reinstall the OS,drivers and even update the BIOS, still I have the problem, if I log in on safe mode the screen comes up and then I disable the display drivers only like this I can log in in to normal windows if I enable the display drivers again, it just goes black once again.....any ideas what might be the cause and how can it be solved? Apriciate any help given...Thank you.
Dan.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: nVidia GeForce FXGo5700 display driver problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: nVidia GeForce FXGo5700 display driver problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From memory...

In reply to: nVidia GeForce FXGo5700 display driver problem

You have to use HP's latest driver offerings and if it's crashing, call it in under support. Be ready to wipe the machine and reload but stick with it. Some get a new motherboard or such until it works.

On the game forums, others have HACKED the NVidia drivers to let you use them on laptops. But I offer only this information and nothing more.

-> To me, this is a warranty issue and possible bad hardware.

Bob

Collapse -
From memory...

In reply to: From memory...

Thank you Bob,
I have done a lot of things acording with HP suport, from reparing and reinstalling the OS, last thing they suggested was to use an utility called active killdisk, I have downloaded but it wont work since is the free version and would only do a zero phase erasing, What would you suggest, do you think this will work, and is there another free utility that would do the same has killdisk??? I believe as you said that might be a problem with the grafic card it self, since eve while runing DOS I have the white dots on the screen.
Thanks, Daniel.

Collapse -
nVidia GeForce FXGo5700 display driver problem

I have the same problem with a Acer Aspire 1714SMi of 1 year old. When I run some anti-spyware programs (hitman pro) the problems disappear for some time, after half an hour I've the same problem again. But I don't know how to fix it forever... Please help Wink !

Collapse -
NVIDIA driver problem

I have the exact same computer and it's having the exact same problem. I started fresh but it still didn't help the problem so now it has been sent to HP for repair. Has your's been fixed yet? If so what was the problem?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.