-asus m4n68t-m le v2 am3/ddr3/vga/8cm/glan
-kingston 2gb ddr3 pc10600/1333mhz
-palit geforce gt240 1gb ddr3 128 bit

+ windows 7 32 bit

2 monitors:
-philips 22" 222el1se/97 LED monitor 1920x1080
-viewsonic 21.50" vx2250wm led monitor

1st post so bare with me Happy..

I had to move my pc set-up so I unplug all cables from my cpu.. Then when I plug in everything back and started up my pc one of my monitors stopped working. It showed: 'no video input' then 'entering sleep mode'.

However, it's likely not my 2 monitors because:
I tried them both on my laptop using 3 different VGA cables: viewsonic worked properly with all 3 VGA cables; the weird thing is that my philips didn't work at all ('no video input' then 'entering sleep mode' too) until I tried it on another laptop :s.

Anyway, It seems I have 2 VGA ports + 1 DVI port. 1 VGA port is on the upper left while the other VGA port is adjacent to my DVI port, and also located lower right.

Before this, one of my monitor was connected to this VGA port (the one adjacent to the DVI port) and the other to the DVI port. Now I've tried both monitors on these VGA & DVI ports but both are not working and shows the same 'no video input then 'entering sleep mode'. BUT both monitors work on my other VGA port located upper left. so I guess I'm correct with my assumption that it has something to do with my video card or so? Any idea if I'm able to fix this myself or time to go to pc repair shop?

Lastly, It's not the first time that I had to move my pc set-up or my monitors. I usually unplug the cables which are connected to my 2 monitors and just keep it plugged in on 'the other side' (CPU).. This was the first time I unplugged it from both sides, and got this issue :s..

Thx a lot in advance

Greetzz.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Nvidia Geforce- DVI and VGA port stopped working
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Nvidia Geforce- DVI and VGA port stopped working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums