Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

(NT) Sandisk Blue 512mb mp3 player any good?

by schfifty_5 / July 14, 2005 7:42 AM PDT

I've been looking at the Sandisk Blue 512mb mp3 player recently...Is it any good?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (NT) Sandisk Blue 512mb mp3 player any good?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (NT) Sandisk Blue 512mb mp3 player any good?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I like it
by bozobrain / July 14, 2005 12:36 PM PDT

I have the 1 GB version. It feels a little cheap, and the headphones that come with it are terrible, but it's super light, super easy to use (just drag and drop your files, no drivers necessary), and expandable. When 1 GB SD cards fell below $50 on Newegg, I picked one up, and now I have a 2 GB player.

Also, I like the fact that it takes AAA batteries.

Collapse -
I dunno...pretty durable?
by schfifty_5 / July 14, 2005 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: I like it

Is it durable? I need something that will last and on pricegrabber it said that on the battery spefications it said :Battery
Average Playback Time: 15 hour(s)
Power Source: (1) AAA Battery, Rechargeable Battery

Collapse -
The Sandisk Blue has an SD slot?
by aniym / July 15, 2005 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: I like it

I was not aware of that, unless you're talking about the Sansa line and not the older DAP line. The DAPs are suppsoed to be solid players (the SDMX line, that is)even if they feel cheap and plastic-like. I would ask that the OP consider the Sansa line instead, as they have SD card slots, for only a slightly higher price, and as of now, can support up to 2GB SD cards, in addition to on-board 512MB/1GB memory. I have a review here:

Collapse -
I was referring to the Sansa
by bozobrain / July 15, 2005 4:00 AM PDT

The 512 MB Sansa is blue. If that's not what the OP was asking about, I apologize.

Collapse -
I'm not
by schfifty_5 / July 15, 2005 8:00 AM PDT

I'm referring to the one with recording and FM radio...the first one that came out

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?