Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

(NT) Having internet pop-up problems. HELP

by bella11 / November 5, 2005 10:36 AM PST

okay so my internet was fine a little while ago.
but now its come up with this whole thing were when
i close a pop-up and then my whole internet closes. i have windows explorer. and ive never had this problem before. I was trying to download somthing today and my internet froze and then a message came up saying it was going to terminate. im really confused. please help.
I have windows XP im using LAN, and my computers quite new. I have a normal modem and a wireless router.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (NT) Having internet pop-up problems. HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (NT) Having internet pop-up problems. HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
) Having internet pop-up problems. HELP
by danthevan / November 6, 2005 1:41 AM PST

sounds like spyware or a virus

run anti spyware anti virus programs

post back with thenames of any viruses if found thks dan

Collapse -
Re-pop-up
by yacube / November 6, 2005 5:29 PM PST

Hello how can i psot back any viruses i detect on my pc?

Collapse -
Re-Having internet pop-up problems...
by yacube / November 6, 2005 5:22 PM PST

To my knowings this internet pop-upi problems usually comes on when your systems default security does not allow some site windows to be poped out
Solutions:
Check below the address bar,you see pop-up bar then you turn it off,
Also @ the tool bar you also can turn it up.
After you do dis finish you caqn now scan your PC with anti-spyware cause it is possible for spyware to have entered your PC.

Collapse -
re: pop-up problems
by Kees Bakker / November 6, 2005 5:44 PM PST

You're so confused that even your post is rather confused and vague. So try again to tell us what's wrong.

Tell what you do (I visit www.x.y.z, I click on ..., a pop-up comes up saying ..., I see ... in the message line below the toolbar, I click ...), so that somebody here can do exactly the same. And then tell what happens; give the exact and full text of the message.

Also tell about what anti-virus and anti-spyware you have, just as a background so we won't advice you to do things already do and can advice you what programs to use in the future. Just in case there is malware on your system now causing the problems.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?