Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

(NT) Did SONY fix the dead pixel problem on the PSP?

by ps3fan / November 23, 2005 2:34 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (NT) Did SONY fix the dead pixel problem on the PSP?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (NT) Did SONY fix the dead pixel problem on the PSP?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes. I've yet to see a display unit with the issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2005 10:02 PM PST

So it must be possible to deliver zero defects. Here's how to get yours. Make it a condition of the sale.

Bob

Collapse -
Addendum. SONY ROOTKIT
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2005 10:03 PM PST

With Sony's ROOTKIT debacle, why buy from them?

Collapse -
Everybody have secrets that they don't wont to tell nobody
by ps3fan / November 23, 2005 11:19 PM PST
In reply to: Addendum. SONY ROOTKIT

.But Sony is still a great trustworthy company.

Collapse -
Good Question
by Winsome4Sure / December 11, 2005 8:35 AM PST
In reply to: Addendum. SONY ROOTKIT

I bought the new Santana CD; discovered, the hard way, that it has SunnComm Media Max software. Really burned me. I have uninstalled it, and several of my family members have sworn off playing CD's in their PC's (one of the primary times when I play music). I'd like to say I won't buy Sony CD's again; problem is, they own so many labels, it's hard to keep track! (I did decide not to buy the new Neil Diamond CD, thanks to the fact it's a Sony label.) Bad, bad business model, in my mind. They're annoying the few people who are still getting music legimately!

Collapse -
The MEDIAMAX exploit.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2005 8:41 AM PST
In reply to: Good Question

Sadly, both MEDIAMAX and the patch appear to be flawed as well.

Link -> http://www.sonysuit.com/

Plenty of reading here, but please protect your machines.

bob

Collapse -
The poison caused by the rootkit
by make_or_break / December 13, 2005 6:15 PM PST
In reply to: The MEDIAMAX exploit.

I've been so torqued over Sony/SonyBMG's inept behaviour over the rootkit debacle that I've more or less sworn off Sony products as a whole. I can't even bring myself to pick up my PSP these days, or go to any Sony-produced or distributed movies. The ONLY breakdown I allowed myself since the proverbial hitting of the fan was the recent purchase of the non-rootkit version of Neil Diamonds '12 Songs' CD, and even then it was only bought because of the constant badgering by my wife, who's a crazed Neil Diamond fan, otherwise that disc too would've been a no-sale.

I know full well that I'm only one consumer, but with us being in the market for a new larger format TV monitor, as well as our recent and intentional purchases of non-Sony digicams and miscellaneous audio gear, I at least have the personal satisfaction of not allowing Sony to get any of my money from this point forward until I feel satisfied that their idiotic anti-consumer mentality finally gets the heave.

Collapse -
Sony.Rootkit
by Fred Vos / November 1, 2006 2:23 AM PST

Just to let you know that you have someone on your side. This household will never buy a Sony product again. There are many good, in many cases much better, alternatives out there.

Fred

Collapse -
No- but issue will always remain
by sonymaster101 / November 7, 2006 6:59 AM PST

I have 3 dead pixels in my psp. I've had it for 6 months, and I hardly notice them now. The dead pixel issue with the psp is just something people will have to accept. There is always a risk of dead pixels in any LCD device. For instance, there was a dead pixel on my gameboy advance SP.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!