General discussion

(NT) Best software for video enhancement

I've got some movies that are really low in quality. When i watch them on the computer screen, I can only expand the video to half of the screen. Past that, it gets too blurry and pixelated. Just wondering if any of you out there can throw out some software titles that would enhance that quality.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: (NT) Best software for video enhancement
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: (NT) Best software for video enhancement
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
We could tell you what we use, but...

right now you are assuming the problem lies with the software. We really don't know what you are doing and with what.

I use Sonic Mydvd, Ulead movie dvdfactory just to mention a couple.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My mistake; disregard my reply above.
- Collapse -
Question.

Did you make the movies or did someone gave it to you? This sounds to me that the movie was made at low resolution (definitely no dvd stuff).

- Collapse -
my movie

the movie was created with low resolution, and i am trying to expand its resolution.

- Collapse -
There maybe commercial application..

for the professionals for that purpose but I don't know such for the home users. So why are you capturing the video in low resolution? What are you using? video work are very hardware intensive as you might have known.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What is the original source, and do you have it?
- Collapse -
(NT) the original source

the original source is a converter box that led out of a dvd player. i would appreciate any suggestion, even if it is hardware or professional intensive. thanks

- Collapse -
I don't think that's what Kiddpeat mean.

Is the video from dvd, vcd, tape, digital camera, or internet download? But with just what info you've supplied I don't think anyone has an answer..sorry.

I can try to guess what you mean by "converter" but that's guessing.

- Collapse -
restoration

try a time base corrector

- Collapse -
enhancment of video

you need the following hardware a good TIME BASE CORRECTOR A VCR WITH S-VIDEO INPUT AND A UPCONVERTER DVD BURNER A COLOR TV-- TOTAL COST 600-700 US CONNECT THE VCR OUT PUT TO THE TIME BASE CORRECTOR INPUT AND THE TIME BASE OUT PUT TO THE DVD BURNER IN PUT THE DVD OUT PUT TO THE TV YOU WILL GET A PRETTY GOOD MOVIE

CNET Forums

Forum Info