Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Now THIS is the way to fight terrorism!

by xerpor / June 14, 2004 8:51 AM PDT

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - Pakistani authorities have arrested 10 suspected al-Qaida members, including a nephew of detained terror mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who has been in U.S. custody the past year, the interior minister said Sunday.

Masrab Arochi, a nephew of former al-Qaida No. 3 Mohammed, who was captured in March 2003 in a city near the Pakistani capital. Arochi had a $1 million bounty on his head, Hayat said, and is believed to have been behind several attacks in Pakistan.

A suspect arrested in the past 24 hours was identified as the mastermind of two sectarian attacks in the southwestern Pakistani city of Quetta in the past few months that left scores dead. Hayat did not reveal his name.

The Pakistani military has been engaged in four days of fierce fighting in the area that has left more than 50 suspected militants and 17 security forces dead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4200528,00.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Now THIS is the way to fight terrorism!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Now THIS is the way to fight terrorism!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You mean those guys weren't holed up in Baghdad? D-OH!
by Josh K / June 14, 2004 10:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
This is TOO sick for words!
by xerpor / June 14, 2004 1:16 PM PDT

Crowds celebrate 13 deaths in Iraq blast

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) — A car bomb shattered a convoy of Westerners in Baghdad Monday, killing at least 13 people, including three General Electric workers and two bodyguards. Crowds rejoiced over the attack, dancing around a charred body and shouting "Down with the USA!"

http://tinyurl.com/yslfq

This only two weeks before the formal end of the U.S.-led occupation. When I think of all that has been spent, all the lives of the Coalition forces and civilians (both Iraqi and Western) plus the billions of dollars, only to get to this point ..... Will we be engaged in a 3rd war after June 30?

Collapse -
Re: This is TOO sick for words!
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / June 14, 2004 1:55 PM PDT

Do not pour H20 on a hot skillet of oil.

Bloodshed and hate are running in everyones veins over there. For the Iraqis, any foreigner's presence is occupation whether they are soldiers or not. Let it cool down by leaving. Give it some time for the fever to drop. What is the rush in reconstructing Iraq? Give them room to breathe maybe 3-4 months without foreigner's presence.

Then make the proposal to help build Iraq later.

To continue sending workers in Iraq right now will only cause their lives. It's not worth the risk.

Collapse -
I agree...
by James Denison / June 14, 2004 2:29 PM PDT

...tell them they don't deserve our help anymore and to have a nice life, as nice as they want to make it, and leave, but give their southern oil fields to Kuwait for reparations. Solves many problems and they can suffer their ingratitude.

Collapse -
Re: Now THIS is the way to fight terrorism!
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / June 14, 2004 1:05 PM PDT

Bloody shooting and torturing the so called *terrorist* is ineffective. Anti-government sentiments will only metastasize and spreads like genital herpes.

Whatever happens to the Islamic Shurah (Council and Dialogue by the Muslim leaders and the leftist terrorists)? It's ignored or abandoned, I see.

The Saud Monarchy and Musharraf, what do they have in common? Who are they trying to impressed at first place?

Collapse -
You may be right, whatever you said, but ....
by xerpor / June 15, 2004 3:19 AM PDT

it appears to me that this type 'war on terror' beats demolishing a country, killing thousands of people civilian and military and still end up only spinning your wheels. I would think the best place to start would be at the top. Just my opinion

Collapse -
Re: You may be right, whatever you said, but ....
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / June 15, 2004 6:48 AM PDT

Well, our kind of war is somewhat sophisticated and politically complicated. Unfortunately, scientists have yet to discover how to come up with artilleries that precisely distinguished the enemies from a civilians. Tomahawk cruise missile accuracy targets a much wider range.

To minimize civilian casualties -- I think these guys should ought to get back to infantry charge style battle.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?