Windows 7 forum

Alert

Notification dll has not been registered, program will not w

by santas lil helper / April 22, 2012 12:24 PM PDT

I get this error message when i boot up Windows 7:
Wireless Configuration: Notification dll has not been registered, program will not work correctly.
When i turn it on it goes into Windows Error Recovery mode and only gives me the options of Safe Mode or Start Windows normally.
Whichever I choose looks like it's loading up but when it gets to the blue Win 7 Welcome screen the error message pops up.
The only option is to click OK. When I do, nothing happens the page blinks on and off and won't go any further until I do a hard shut down.

Before this happened i was trying to uninstall Windows live messenger.
I ran Revo Uninstaller and after rebooting this is what happened.
Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Notification dll has not been registered, program will not w
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Notification dll has not been registered, program will not w
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I see TWO topics here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 23, 2012 4:40 AM PDT

A recent new user was TURNING OFF THEIR PC. --> LITERALLY!

We had to show them how to shut down properly and the boot messages became normal.

--------------

Ok about the Blue Screen. THAT may be why the odd bootup. Let's use that for now.

===> It's time to try all the recovery actions 7 has to offer but first we don't see THE DETAILS of the machine, what Windows DVDs you have and if you are ready to reload the OS.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by santas lil helper / April 23, 2012 6:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I see TWO topics here.

But I got impatient so I just used my laptop's recovery program to return the hard drive to the original factory condition.

Thanks again

Collapse -
Notification dll has not been registered

Go to start right click the command prompt as Run as administrator and tried to registered the dll.
C:\WINDOWS\sytem32>regsvr32 wltrynt.dll (Press Enter) and thats it all done!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!