Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Nothing partisan here, of course...

Nader temporaily back on Florida ballot.
At least long enough for absentee ballots to be printed with his name on it, as the state appeals a decision banning his name from appearing. And, of course, Jeb Bush being Governor is purely coincidental...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nothing partisan here, of course...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nothing partisan here, of course...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Nothing partisan here, of course...

In reply to: Nothing partisan here, of course...

At least long enough for absentee ballots to be printed with his name on it, as the state appeals a decision banning his name from appearing. And, of course, Jeb Bush being Governor is purely coincidental...

So why don't you tell the WHOLE TRUTH Dave. Jeb Bush has nothing to do with Nader being removed from the ballot to begin with. The Democrats are the ones that don't want the competition and fighhting the state to get him off the ballot...

In a dizzying turn of events, Florida Secretary of State Glenda Hood returned Nader to Florida's presidential ballot yesterday, as lawyers for the Democratic Party, the state and Nader sought emergency court hearings to settle a dispute over whether the independent candidate can appear there.

Florida Circuit Court Judge Kevin Davey issued a temporary injunction last week preventing the state from putting Nader on the 2004 ballot, siding with a Democratic challenge that the Reform Party, which has endorsed Nader, did not qualify as a national party under state law. The secretary of state's office in effect reversed the ruling, telling election supervisors preparing absentee ballots that Nader is a candidate...

You're just as bad as those DNC lawyers down there trying to cheat Nader out of running by trying to point the finger at Jeb and blaim it on him. Your LIE is revealed...

Collapse -
Did you notice, Clay...

In reply to: Re: Nothing partisan here, of course...

Clay, when you read the story did you notice the words, "As a result, she said, Florida's Department of State had filed an appeal against the temporary injunction. The appeal application automatically lifts the injunction, allowing the counties to put Nader's name on overseas absentee ballots, which must be mailed by Saturday."?
That's what Dave K. hoped you wouldn't notice, because his political propaganda changes "automatically" to Jeb Bush.

Collapse -
Re: Did you notice, Clay...

In reply to: Did you notice, Clay...

Clay, when you read the story did you notice the words,

Nah, I didn't read his link, it was old news by the time he posted it. I already knew why Nader's name had been removed in Florida and who had sued to have it removed. The DNC has been feverishly working the whole country to keep Nader off the ballot. Dave's supporting this really shows his true character.

Collapse -
You're wrong, Dave.

It is definitely politically motivated. What are you thinking? Bush being governor is not a coincidence by a long shot!

Wink

Dan

Collapse -
I could have sworn that we

In reply to: You're wrong, Dave.

live in a Democracy where ANYBODY can run for President, not where either a Dem or a Rep could use legal tactics to force a possible candidate from the ballot.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: I could have sworn that we

In reply to: I could have sworn that we

We live in a country that has a morass of election laws. Everyone tries to use them to their own benefit. Both parties, every election.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and, as long as their Democrats or liberals, you approv

In reply to: Re: I could have sworn that we

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Where, exactly, did I say that?

In reply to: (NT) and, as long as their Democrats or liberals, you approv

Collapse -
Re: I could have sworn that we

In reply to: I could have sworn that we

Hi Toni,
That sort of action is the democrats' idea of free speech.
Using legal powers to prevent someone from being a candidate is more akin to a far left, or a far right political agenda.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Pure politics...why not........

Collapse -
It's no surprise to see the knee jerk as you also oppose

having a candidate on the ballot. After all, Kerry doesn't want the competition does he?

Collapse -
Ask your Doctor if...

Carbidopa/Levidopa or Pramipexole Dihydrochloride is right for you.

That viciously jerking knee doesn't have to rule your life!

Collapse -
Nothing partisan all right!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.