HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Nothing but blue screening...CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

by Hydrilus / June 29, 2008 11:36 AM PDT

I just built this new system running a EVGA nForce 750i SLI mobo. It was running fine until I installed the drivers for it from the cd that came with it. I installed them, then as soon as I ejected the disc, it crashed. I was thinking it had something to do with the boot sequence so i went into the BIOS and set the first boot device to be the HDD and the second to be my DVD drive. That didn't work.

After looking up what this error is, it looks like it has something to do with drivers... SO, I'm assuming this relates to my mobo drivers i installed... Well, I can't start up at all with the OS (Vista Ultimate 64) to even uninstall the damn drivers. There are supposedly some new drivers for this so I'd like to download those but I can't even get to the Windows log-in screen before it crashes...

Also, I noticed (when it was working) that my comp was recognizing my graphics card at startup but when I go to computer properties it's only showing something like "Standard VGA..." somethin instead of the graphics card name and everything... I haven't gotten to install its' own drivers yet but i know on my alternate computer with XP it came up with the name and everything right away without the drivers... Anyway...some advice mainly on my little error above would be greatly appreciated! How can get rid of these drivers if i crash before the log-in screen? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nothing but blue screening...CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nothing but blue screening...CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
:::EDIT:::
by Hydrilus / June 29, 2008 11:59 AM PDT

I also can't get in through safe mode or anything...obviously because it's loading drivers, including the likely faulty mobo drivers...

Collapse -
:::EDIT 2:::
by Hydrilus / June 29, 2008 12:02 PM PDT
In reply to: :::EDIT:::

AND system restore doesn't work (when booting from the Vista install disc).

It begins the restore but as it finishes, an "Access Denied" error pops up and says that the restore didn't restore anything.

Will the CMOS Reset button on my mobo do anything for this driver related problem?

I'm lost here...maybe the only way out is reinstalling Vista... UGH!!!

Collapse -
If the Vista DVD won't boot then
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2008 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: :::EDIT 2:::

It's either the cmos isn't set to boot the machine from the DVD or there is a hardware failure. This is not a driver issue if your post is taken for its word.
Bob

Collapse -
try resetting escd info
by ramarc / June 30, 2008 1:12 AM PDT

enter your bios, goto pnp/pci configuration, and choose "Reset Configuration Data"

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.