General discussion

Notebook shut down

I have a Toshiba M35X-S349 which is only 5 months old and still under Best Buy warranty.

When either on Battery or AC, get error message battery is low, charge or plug in AC/. AC is already plugged in and Power meter indicates this. Battery is not low according to meter also. Computer beeps and shuts down.
This can happen at any time. Sometimes it beeps without any error message and shuts down. It will not start up again unless it is left alone for a while.

Don't hear the fan running or feel the hot air coming out of the vent. I can understand the CPU overheating and shutting down the computer but why the battery error messages before the shut down.

Is this a fan problem only or another problem also?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Notebook shut down
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Notebook shut down
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Don't let them off the hook.

That warranty is there for such reasons.

Have them fix it now since out of warranty the costs are amazing.

Bob

- Collapse -
Bob's right

Do not even pull a single screw out and just get them to honor it. Warranties are great but quite a few times customers were forced to go to shops like we have because they stated to the Manufacturer, "I just took it apart to see if somthing was wrong".. Not a good idea..They will void any warranty if you disassemble whatsoever.

- Collapse -
Whatever

I take my computers apart all the time, just don't tell them. They'll never know. And even they do, the likeliness of them not fixing it once it's already apart is slim.

CNET Forums