Samsung forum

Resolved Question

note 10.1

by jason29555 / May 13, 2015 3:42 AM PDT

I have a galaxy note 10.1 tablet and recently bought a google chromecast so i could watch things on the big screen i have my chromecast connected to the internet but it wont show my device when i turn all share cast on. I can see certain things on the big screen such as bbc iplayer and other apps with the chromecast icon on them. Any ideas why the chromecast is not on list. Thanks

jason29555 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: note 10.1
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: note 10.1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by jason29555

Collapse -
It is hit and miss.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 3:50 AM PDT
In reply to: note 10.1

Remember that many content providers do not want to play along with casting. Chromecast and how it works is not what I'll cover here. In order for the content to get there, there are some requirements and if not, it won't show.

---> ALL SHARE is Samsung's own system. You'll have to choose one or the other.

I have not heard of a grand unified solution. All the makers are not going in the same direction.
Bob

Collapse -
note 10.1
by jason29555 / May 13, 2015 3:58 AM PDT
In reply to: It is hit and miss.

Do you mean i will need an all share dongle instead of chromecast? Is there any other way of doing this. I know you can get an adapter with hdmi cable but was hoping to do it wirelessly. Because the charging port of the note is different from all other samsung products. I cannot find one on amazon just from samsung themselves. Thanks

Collapse -
Samsung MUST answer that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 13, 2015 4:09 AM PDT
In reply to: note 10.1

I don't use Samsung's dongle since the cost is about same or more than what I get a Roku 3 for. There are also other DLNA over WiFi things but consumers are not happy with the parade of solutions. Here I have no less than 3 boxes. Chromecast, Amazon Fire, WD Live and something else. Not one pulls it all together.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.