Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Not to be a whiner

but do we really have to make December a month of thumbs up or thumbs down to those who celebrate (or don't celebrate) it's many feasts and events? There, IMO, is just no more to be said or other ways to say what's been hashed and rehashed to pieces. How about just let it pass without dredging up the same old political controversies and spoiling it for all? Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Not to be a whiner
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Not to be a whiner
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
season's greetings, steve

In reply to: Not to be a whiner

if you set the proper tone, it is never hard to do. unfortunately if I read or see a christmas card with a dig attached; something is going back to the sender. too many layers to turn other cheek.

the war on christmas is an overblown media event as far as I am concerned. fodder for the reindeer.

as you know in an open forum all you can do is express your opinion. avoid the controversial topics. see what happens.

that is why I sincerely thought glenda's post had merit.

I am sure you will enjoy the holidays with your family and friends. everyone here in the woods wishes you and yours a merry christmas and a pleasant new year.

Collapse -
That's OK. Whine away. :-)

In reply to: Not to be a whiner

Whatever or however people do or do not celebrate in December should not give them permission to sully how others do or don't.

I can stand corrected, but I think that all of the feasts concentrate on good wishes, a lifting of spirits, a coming together of family and friends, some personal introspection, holding to traditions, and good works. "The spirit of the season", if you will.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season to you and yours.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.