Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Not sure whats wrong here FIREWALL

Downloaded wynvernworks 2004 firewall and everytime i turn it on it cuts me being able to browse the net.But when i turn it off i can view the net. Help please am i doing it right or what am i doing wrong???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Not sure whats wrong here FIREWALL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Not sure whats wrong here FIREWALL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can't see their website

In reply to: Not sure whats wrong here FIREWALL

to at least see how the program works Sad

You might want to reset it to its default settings? (if such option is available)
You might want to review its' log?
You can also try to see and re-configure some settings?

Did you give permission to allow communication by your browser, email client? Is the ports open e.g. port 80, 443?

Collapse -
wynvernworks 2004

In reply to: Can't see their website

When i have the firewall on my screen and try to view another website in another window it wont let me view it.Sorry im sure there is computor jagon for what i am trying to say but im only a newbie.When ever im using the firewall it doesnt let me view anything but when i close it i can start viewing things on the net again thanks for your patience and bearing with me.

Collapse -
Documentation or Help file?

In reply to: wynvernworks 2004

May I ask if the said firewall software you are using has help menu or includes any documentation to hopefully guide you?
I wish to help you to set it up but the site itself is not accessible to me which I prefer to see screenshots (if any) that might give us idea what you can do in its settings.

Or you could try another firewall software.
I see in your profile that you are using Windows XP Home. If you installed Service Pack 2 for Windows XP, you should have the built-in firewall software by Microsoft which you can use as starting point as your firewall defense against incoming intrusions.

If you prefer to not to use the built-in firewall in XP Service Pack 2, you can try ZoneAlarm Free.
See Instruction when installing ZoneAlarm for the first time guide

Collapse -
Windows 98

In reply to: Documentation or Help file?

Thank you for your persistence Donna i have to update my profile as i am now using windows 98 was using windows xp as part of my studies. wynvernworks 2004 does have custom configuations is there a way of showing you this??

Collapse -
I wouldn't waste my time...

In reply to: Windows 98

with any program that doesn't have a web site you can access.click HERE for some feedback.

Like Donna said,you can use XP firewall or if you prefer install another such as zone alarm or HERE which mentions Jetco firewall,just make sure only one is enabled.

Tom

Collapse -
suggestions for another free firewall compatible with win 98

In reply to: Windows 98

Maybe it might be best to get another one Donna can you or others can suggest one please.

Collapse -
For Windows 98
Collapse -
If Budds1 would have....

In reply to: For Windows 98

read my post he would have seen jetco,as well as other info.

Tom Happy

Collapse -
jetico personal firewall

In reply to: If Budds1 would have....

Hi there Tom i had a problem with being able to install jetico it comes in a zip file and it would'nt open so i went onto wynvernworks 2004. Is this firewall easy for a newbie to set up? Would you be able to help me with this please.Much appreciated.

Collapse -
firewall

In reply to: jetico personal firewall

I'm not sure what you mean by "i went onto wynvernworks 2004."

You need a unzip program to open this,there are many to choose from,CAMUNZIP is free.

JETICO,just click on the download centre on the left side.I never used it so i can't comment on its quality or its ease of use.I also noticed in the jetico link i provided are more then one version o jetico.I would suggest version 1.0,not the 2.0 which is BETA,could be potential issues.

Tom

Collapse -
wynvernworks 2004

In reply to: firewall

Sorry Tom i am not much computer illiterate but after downloading jetico i couldn't open the zip file so i flaged that and decided to install wynvern but had a problem with that one cause everytime i open wynvern it would cut me off the internet so i will try jetico again with the link you gave me to open it Thanks!! I just need something easy for me to follow and to get that firewall up.

Collapse -
http://www.filseclab.com/eng/products/firewall.htm

In reply to: wynvernworks 2004

Hi Tom,Donna i have decided to go with the firewall above it seems simple enough and very user friendly have done a test and came up great results thank you guy's for the persitence and friendly advice.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.