General discussion

Not so fast kiddo!

The Hair, A Parent
Want a Brazilian wax for bikini weather? Not so fast, kiddo.

Tucked within Missouri Senate Bill 280, now awaiting Governor Matt Blunt's signature, is a single sentence that's sure to have repercussions at poolside chaises and in steamy backseats across the state: "The written informed consent of a minor's parent or legal guardian... must be obtained prior to providing body waxing on or near the genitalia."

If Blunt signs the bill -- which he's fully expected to do -- budding bikini-wearers interested in ripping the pubic hair from their nether-regions will have to convince Mom or Dad to sign off.

"That's so a child under the age of eighteen can?t go in and do a complete Brazilian wax without parental consent,? explains Darla Fox, executive director of the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology, which proposed the law. ...

Now many young 'uns will have to suffer the humiliation of home wax jobs gone bad Grin

Evie Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Not so fast kiddo!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Not so fast kiddo!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Ouch!!

So much for the naturally hairy legs and bushy armpits some girls fancied in the '60s.Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Did You Live In France??
- Collapse -
What, precisely, is the goal of this bill, Evie?

It seems based on the premise that parents completely own their children until age 18. Tattoos and piercings I can see, because of their permanence and health risks. I can't think of a more important area to be under one's personal control...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

- Collapse -
Except

for the whole idea of an adult getting access to a minor's pubic region.

- Collapse -
I don't see that as a problem, DR -- most attendants

are female, after all, and there are laws about molestation...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

- Collapse -
Still Dave ...

... there is the issue of exposure and being able to consent. After all, in most states, kids under 16 cannot consent to sex -- and that includes any sexual advances. There's no medical reason TO do this procedure, BTW, and not all salons are the cleanest. Maybe you could consider being on a parent's side for a change ...

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Dirtyrich has a good point.
- Collapse -
Strange,

That a state can require parental notification for crotch shaving, but not a serious medical procedure.

- Collapse -
At least MO is consistent ...

... that state has required parental consent for an abortion since 1985.

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
The calvary is on the way! ;-)
- Collapse -
I forsee a brisk trade in personal grooming clippers.

"Mom, can I have $50.00?"

"What for?"

"Ummm, a school trip, yeah, a school trip to the... Science Museum."

"Gee I wish you'd keep me better informed in advance, and since when are there school trips in the summer months?"

"Its a pre-requisite for September, I brought home the form."

"Oh alright, here you are."

"Thanks Mom, (and all the boys at the beach thank you too)."

"What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing, just Thanks."

Never get the idea you can out-crafty a kid. Especially through legislation.

Rob

CNET Forums

Forum Info