Samsung forum

General discussion

not satified with Samsung workermenship

by chippyv57 / February 2, 2009 7:42 AM PST

I'm sorry but not happy with samsung service ,its sad when a company doesn't take enough pride in thier workmenship !!! They promote TOC ,put a nice prise tag on it then they don't stand behind it,Instead hide behined a cometic cluse . Mine has a bad finish job on it after having it a while noticed along the inner edge of frame where it meets picture screen what looks like the glue didn't cure right its white in color @ looks like its beginning to peel. But after getting a hold of samsung they won't take responsblty for it @ hide behind they don't cover cosmetic problems even though it came from the factory like that ??? this is what is killing American industry. what ever happen too standing behind what you built @ having pride in it?? Well I won't buy Samsung any more all I wanted them to do was replace the front frame wasn't looking for a new Tv .the tv itself is great so far ,oh well I don't know what to do at this point thanks for letting me vent a little

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: not satified with Samsung workermenship
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: not satified with Samsung workermenship
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Can I try?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 2, 2009 2:50 PM PST

chippyv57,

I'm sorry to hear that our service center didn't meet your needs.

Why not call back at 800-SAMSUNG, and ask to speak directly to Level 2 support? If they don't help you, ask to be assigned a service ticket or transaction number and post it here on the site.

I can't guarantee anything, of course, but I'll see what I can do for you.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Spoke with service on your behalf...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 4, 2009 3:51 AM PST

chippyv57,

I spoke with service today to see what could be done, and there are bezel replacements available for this specific issue. Have you tried calling back? I apologize that you got this answer, but if you get the same response, ask for a Tier 2 transfer and they should be able to help you out. If you still can't get help, see if they'll give you a ticket number and post it here. I'll help to the best of my ability to make sure you get taken care of.

--HDTech

Collapse -
replace your bezel
by hecaworld / February 4, 2009 4:20 AM PST

I had this exact same problem and just got my bezel replaced today. It took about 3 weeks from when I first called but was a pretty simple repair as I watched the technician. Its strange they told you it wasn't covered because when I called they said they would replace it right away. Like they said talk to level 2 and tell them to replace it.

Collapse -
thanks
by chippyv57 / February 4, 2009 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: replace your bezel

THANKS ,ON MY NEXT DAY OFF MONDAY i WILL CALL AND GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE . AGAIN THANK'S FOR THE ADVISE @ HELP LIKE I SAID tHE TV IT'S SELF IS GREAT i LOVE IT JUST YOU PAY SO MUCH THEN TO HAVE A PROBLEM THAT CAN EASLY BE TAKEN CARE @ RIN INTO A ROAD BLOCK . AGAIN THANKS i 'LL BE GIVING IT ANOTHER CHANCE

Collapse -
I agree
by hecaworld / February 4, 2009 9:22 AM PST
In reply to: thanks

I know the feeling of blowing 2 grand only have and then deal with stuff like this but its just the nature of electronics these days. At least samsung will take care of it... for now just sit back and enjoy one of the best pictures available these days.

Collapse -
Keep me posted.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 4, 2009 4:20 PM PST

I would also be interested in the outcome of this. If for some reason you can't get help on this, ask for a transaction number for a record of this problem and post it here.

I apologize again for the inconvenience.

--HDTech

Collapse -
chippyv57
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 5, 2009 11:06 AM PST

chippyv57,

I'll be here on Monday as well, so let me know how it goes.

--HDTech

Collapse -
still know luck
by chippyv57 / February 9, 2009 5:57 AM PST
In reply to: chippyv57

I did as You told me And I still feel as if im getting the run around now they want me to take pictures ,which I'm not having a easy time at it I don't think the pictures will do much good ,it just be easier if they would not hide behine cosmictic clause and not being coverd in warn.... this is the tk # 3000193712 that thier useing. And just send some one else or just replace the bezel??? the person from customer care heather said that that highest tech person who has the final say was the one who dissaproved it .like I said I'm not having much luck getting a good picture to email to her ...so I don't know please advise ..Gary

Collapse -
PIctures..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 10, 2009 4:39 AM PST
In reply to: still know luck

With pictures, they'll be able to determine the cause and would likely approve the replacement.

--HDTech

Collapse -
so is that it ??
by chippyv57 / February 13, 2009 7:40 AM PST
In reply to: PIctures..

So is that it just like that You too are just going to leave Me hanging to just like the rest of samsung?????? I thought with the tk# You were going to see what was going on @ Help Me ???

Collapse -
don't if pictures will be any good
by chippyv57 / February 10, 2009 5:50 AM PST
In reply to: still know luck

Yea but like I said I had a hard time taking the pictures so I don't know what good they will do ?? Anthoneys tv repair Thet they sent outI was told is not that good to deal with @ they should send some one else out for a secound oppion ....they probbly screwed it up by what ever they said . making it sound like a cosmic problem and not what it is??

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.