Samsung forum

Question

Not pleased with Samsung Canada customer support...

First, the Note 8.0 is not in the list, but I can't continue if I do not pick a model. Fine, I pick the first one.

In my first sentence, I clearly state that the message is not about the model I picked, it is regarding the Galaxy Note 8.0.

I get a reply about a phone that does not apply to the Note 8.0 at all...

Of course, Samsung Canada e-mail support is one-way only. You can never reply and try to clarify something... Good move Samsung!

Anyway, I'm hoping I may get a better answer here.

I can't install Magic 2014 in the Galaxy Note 8.0.

Why?

Is it the develpoer's fault for not including the Note 8.0 in their list of acceptable devices or is it Samsung's fault for making a tablet that sends out a code to the effect that it is a phone rather than a tablet?

If the later, will it be fixed any time soon?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Not pleased with Samsung Canada customer support...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Not pleased with Samsung Canada customer support...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Link, comment.

In reply to: Not pleased with Samsung Canada customer support...

Collapse -
Answer
My other post is in limbo. So this one is all text.

In reply to: Not pleased with Samsung Canada customer support...

The app appears to have issues on some tablets so my thought and answer is to contact the app's author. I fear that you may find this to be a bad answer but Samsung didn't write the app so my question is why are you asking Samsung about this app?
Bob

Collapse -
As I stated in my original post...

In reply to: My other post is in limbo. So this one is all text.

...I want to find out who is responsible so I know who to contact.

Also, I read somewhere that the core programming of the Note 8.0 comes from the Galaxy S III and that the piece of code that handles identification was not changed from "phone" to "tablet". I decided to check on Samsung first in case that story is true.

Collapse -
My other post is missing

In reply to: As I stated in my original post...

So I took out the link and shared there is a bit issue with Android. I'm sure you've heard or read about it and it's called fragmentation. What this means to the user is that you may encounter issues with apps that the author has not resolved for the target device.

For the author it means they may get support requests why the app isn't working on said device.

I think you'll call this a bad answer but your question should be to the app's author as Samsung rarely sees the app's source code or would correct the app's code. I'm sure there are exceptions but as I did go to the Samsung Developer meeting a while back I can see where folk will not get the question to the right person.
Bob

Collapse -
Bonus material.

In reply to: My other post is missing

If you read through http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9279111/determine-if-the-device-is-a-smartphone-or-tablet you find programmers supplying more than one way to determine if the device is one or the other.

As a developer you would have to test your app on the devices to be sure that your selected solution works.

As an owner (that's you) you may not care at all what a minefield this is and if you are a consumer you would never ask the author for support but call the device maker.
Bob

Collapse -
Note being a programmer...

In reply to: Bonus material.

...I had about a 50-50 chance of asking the right people on my first try. After I stumbled upong the device code story, I decided to start with the manufacturer.

Thanks for your input!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.