PC Applications forum

General discussion

Not looking to infringe upon copywrited material!

by Oarakul / December 1, 2008 12:14 PM PST

Rcvd your message (see below)and locked status of mine. Apologies if you or anyone else mistook my post to be offensive or illegal...I was not looking to infringe upon copywrited material. I would be glad to pay (again) for a "copy" of the Parsons Address Book 6 software that I am seeking. My post was meant to be brief and I should have expressed my quest to be for a purchase...apologies again. All that said; can anyone point me to where I can buy a copy of this software (and speaking of bandits and pirates,please don't suggest ebay etc.)? I seriously want a litegimate/legal copy of the address book.

Oarakul

Locked. - New!
by R. Proffitt - 12/1/08 7:14 PM In reply to: Desparately Seeking Parsons Address Book 6 by Oarakul
Abandonware or not, sharing copyrighted material is never allowed to be discussed or much else. PLEASE ABIDE by the forum policies.

http://support.broderbund.com/fix.asp?isid=21127&print=0&prog=1294818798 notes if you find an old copy you can convert such.

In closing, I have found people to import the addresses into other software but old habits die hard and some will not give up.
Bob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Not looking to infringe upon copywrited material!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Not looking to infringe upon copywrited material!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do not limit yourself like that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 1, 2008 10:32 PM PST

When you need parts for your car and there are none at the parts store, the junk yard is your next stop.

That's why Ebay is an option. I see Amazon.com has a listing that comes and goes. YES, it may be empty today but not tomorrow.

-> Can you share why people get into this position? I guess we all toss out what we thought we'd never need again.
Bob

Collapse -
Parsons Address Book: How do we get into these Predicaments?
by Oarakul / December 2, 2008 4:13 AM PST

Thanks for letting me stay alive with this issue. I believe, from reading others issues and from my own, that many of us have committed many hours and hundreds of addresses (many archival w/o hard copies or any other way to rebuild)to our Parsons Address Books which for many years were considered by many to be one of the best.

The main issue/problem seems to occur whenever we upgrade o/s, or reformat our hard drives (my instance), etc.. While I cannot speak for others, in my case I very methodically backed-up all my data files for my Parsons Address Book assuming I would go on line and buy another program download to install and then import all of my older files as I have done in the past. The fly in the soup this time was that I was unaware that Parsons Address Book no longer was or is available. Hence we get to the instant situation. My computer tells me I either need to reinstall the Parsons Address Book or get the ptssabdb.dll and/or the ptsaabdb.dll files from the program in order to access my data/addresses.

So, can anyone direct me to where/how I can obtain either of these files and preferably the Parsons Address Book program application in case I need yet another installation file later?

Oarakul
info@springrvr.com

Collapse -
emails to forum members?
by Oarakul / December 2, 2008 4:54 AM PST

How do you access/send emails to forum members?

Collapse -
Not a current feature.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 2, 2008 5:01 AM PST

It looks like it was abused in the past.

Collapse -
Convert Address Book to Outlook
by add6user / December 14, 2008 10:15 AM PST

I have used Parsons for years...but converted all the data years ago to Outlook....it's easy! The big thing is Address Book 6.0 did labels so nicely for all adresses or you could select groups....I still use my parsons at xmas....so I'm still hooked too. Don't even have my disks anymore....so this old pc serve one purpse.

Collapse -
Convert to Outlook
by Oarakul / December 14, 2008 11:21 AM PST

Thanks for the note...what's the procedure to convert? I, too, only use Address Book 6 at Christmas time but my wife doesn't want to part yet. Let us all know how you managed to convert to Outlook, give us a step by step if you would.

Collapse -
lost PTSAABDB.DLL files
by dws100 / December 14, 2009 11:42 AM PST

I hate to wake a sleeping dog, but has any one found a cure to make Addressbook 7.0 and earlier programs work? I steped into my office this mornig and opened 7.0 to obtain some data. It complained about a missing file, PTSAABDB.DLL . I googled it and found many strings about others with this problem. Nobody told of a cure. I probably have 5 or 600 enteries in the program. This evening I tried something different. I loaded the software on a different computer with XP and SP3 on it. It loved it. I than used my backup and it works perefctly. Now this isn't the computer I want to use! How do I get my original computer to work with this program. I have tried removing the program, cleaning up the files left behind, at least all that I could fine, and reloading. No availe. It still complains. I know the file is on the disk, or it wouldn't have loaded on different computer. What is going on to kill this program? Something must be scrambled. Nobody was in my office last night. Can you shed any light on the problem.

Collapse -
No fix.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2009 12:00 AM PST

But some are resorting to Virtual Machines like "VIRTUAL BOX" where we run an older OS in a VM. At least Virtual Box is free.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!