Desktops forum

General discussion

not alot of time need new pc

I'm down to a day now to pick my new pc. I am not sure where to go still. I want the pc to be completely upgradeable. That rules out Dell. I've been interested in Alienware because of their look. I just can't seem to find any other desktop pcs that I'm interested in. Is NEc Monitor any good? That's the only one offered at Alienware. I want 1gig ram, 160-250gb harddrive, fastest cd-rw and fastest dvd_+rw. I might have to buy one and install it myself. Alienware's didn't seem like it was the fastest. I can spend $3,500 on the desktop. I was thinking about not getting a keyboard and mouse because I can always get one from office depot or newegg or somewhere like that. Would it be better to just get the base built and then select a better monitor?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: not alot of time need new pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: not alot of time need new pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Alienware?

In reply to: not alot of time need new pc

Their prices are rather bloated. As for which brand? Try Monarch Computers and for a small build fee, you can configure exactly what you want. You will get plenty of answers to your question, but it sure would help if you said what you were going to use it for first:)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT)i would have to agree with monarch

Collapse -
ibuypower

Collapse -
more info

First things first, look up resellerratings.com for company info. Example, overdrive pc will give advice along with an abundance of parts for the pc you are trying to build. If you are looking for the fastest cd-rw ,and dvd+rw than try videohelp.com for more information.

Collapse -
Local PC shop

In reply to: more info

Go to a small computer store in your city.. much better.. its MUCH CHEAPER too and you can pick your pc up within a matter of days plus you can customize every part you want, sometimes you dont know what you get when you buy from a vendor like dell

i got my system for 840 dollars, if you buy it somehwere else, it would be about 1000+

Collapse -
not alot of time need new pc

Build it yourself!! Not that hard!! Then YOU control what is inside of it. If you want to do buld it, just repost lots of help here. John

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.