General discussion

Not able to use PC with Samsung HDTV using HDMI cable

Hi,

I just bought a samsung 46' 6220 3D HDTV.
It is working Fine with the Digital set top box and if i plug in a hard disk direcly or a pen drive , everything seems working without anyflaws.

Now i wanted to connect my CPU with the LED TV. It required a HDMI port which was not present in the CPU so i bought a ZOTAC geforce gt610 graphics card which had multiple connectivity solutions , after installing the graphics card i connected the HDMI cable with the LED tv.

now the issue is whenever i am using my PC on the HDTV.
The Screen turns Black and it comes on after 2 seconds.
It continously keep on doing this , according to me there is a signal loss in HDMI cable as it happens mostle when an electrical appliance is turned on or off in the house whether it is a fan or a tubelight.
i have switched the HDMI cable on other ports on the HDTV still the issue is not resolved.

Then i tried to connect the TV to a laptop using the Same HDMI cable and the laptop was not connected to any power source and still when i switched on or off the tubelight just next to HDTV.
The screen again went Black.

So, i am quite confused that whether it is an issue with the power source or the HDMI cable(though i am sure it is the cable).

Please Provide me a resolution for this annoying issue & do lemme know if anybody else also had the same issue.

P.S :: the HDMI cable used here is Cheap one as i was told by the Vendor that it will work fine.
i just bought it for Rs.200. Also, suggest me if i need to replace the cable, which brand and model should i go for.

Thanks In Advance, Hoping for the Resolutin ASAP...
Happy

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Not able to use PC with Samsung HDTV using HDMI cable
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Not able to use PC with Samsung HDTV using HDMI cable
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums