General discussion

Not a missle?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Not a missle?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Not a missle?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'll vote for UFO ...

Given the absence of evidence I feel perfectly justified inventing my own theory, just like everybody else has.

- Collapse -
(NT) Well, it's unidentified sand it's flying...
- Collapse -
Tat video that's supposed to convince me it's not a missile.

convinces me it's a missile.

- Collapse -
(NT) It was Iron Man !!
- Collapse -
Specualtion only...

It seems odd, if it was a missle to test fire one off the coast of CA. to prove possibility it was an submarine launch and then or propose this to Asian sources that it can be done. One amongst the theories already presented.

You would think similar missiles already pass tests have long proved that theory as in to the USSR long ago. To use this in face of a peacful visit during Obama presence is just NOT understandable, IMHO.

If this is an missile, then it has to be a big one, not in the domain(hopefully) of any threat to USA. Only because it left a big plume to be later observed and caught by chance a news crew. By chance???

So, I propose it was a secret launch of edities yet to be ID'ed. As in missile it has to come down and any decent expert can figure where it mat land to recover and/or determine origin. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Specualtion only...

It seems odd, if it was a missle to test fire one off the coast of CA. to prove possibility it was an submarine launch and then or propose this to Asian sources that it can be done. One amongst the theories already presented.

You would think similar missiles already pass tests have long proved that theory as in to the USSR long ago. To use this in face of a peacful visit during Obama presence is just NOT understandable, IMHO.

If this is an missile, then it has to be a big one, not in the domain(hopefully) of any threat to USA. Only because it left a big plume to be later observed and caught by chance a news crew. By chance???

So, I propose it was a secret launch of edities yet to be ID'ed. As in missile it has to come down and any decent expert can figure where it may land to recover and/or determine origin. -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
They take credit for launch
www.whitelabelspace.com
Nov 10, 2010
Test Launch Successful

Noordwijk, Wednesday 10'th November, 2010, The White Label Space GLXP Team has announced that all systems are functional in the small engineering test satellite launched yesterday from a floating platform of the coast of Los Angeles. The launch also provided some unexpected entertainment for residents in coastal areas of California.

With the launch towards the west, the satellite was injected into a special retrograde Low Earth Orbit (LEO) in order to make it more difficult for other teams in the competition to send spy satellites to uncover the technical secrets while the satellite completes its mission to test critical hardware and subsystem for the team's upcoming moon lander mission.

White Label Space Team Leader, Steve Allen, released a statement about the launch from the mission operations centre after the successful orbital injection. He apologized once again to the X PRIZE Foundation for forgetting to officially announce the GLXP launch attempt. "We are working to such a tight schedule developing our moon mission that sometimes we just get a little bit carried away" he admitted.

This was the second launch of the White Label Space team, after the earlier launch from Barcelona in 2008.

POSTED in entirely as link would change and be buried in replies. ----Willy Happy
- Collapse -
Link
- Collapse -
If true...

If that is true, did they notify the FAA before the launch? I would think the air traffic controllers at LAX and the ARTCC would like to have advance notice about something suddenly launched from a floating platform of the coast of Los Angeles and streaking through their air space.

- Collapse -
"They forgot"

It still makes me wonder why it wasmn't picked up on anybody's radar.

- Collapse -
And the feds couldn't tell us that?

Still smells funny

CNET Forums

Forum Info