HolidayBuyer's Guide

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

Norton software download savedigital

by shinji2024 / May 19, 2015 6:51 AM PDT

In the Netherlands we have to download norton software from www.savedigital.eu but if u try then you get the warning that the cerificate is invalid and the site could be harmfull. That doesnt sound like good advertisement for security software to me. Can anybody confirm that its not only me that gets that message?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton software download savedigital
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton software download savedigital
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Here's one for Kees.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / May 19, 2015 6:54 AM PDT

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Re: For Kees
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 19, 2015 7:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's one for Kees.

Isn't Wales via the UK part of the EU also? At least till the referendum in 2017 or maybe earlier. So I don't see why its for me. Only because it's a Dutch company?

Collapse -
Just wondered...
by Dafydd Forum moderator / May 19, 2015 7:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: For Kees

if you could shed some light on it. I know in the EU I can get norton products from the maker and elsewhere, but the OP said they had to get from that site. I wondered if there was some restriction in place. Seems the OP is a bit confused.
Dafydd.

Collapse -
Answer
Re: (un?)safe
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 19, 2015 7:26 AM PDT
https://www.safedigital.eu/nl/Terms_and_conditions has a support e-mail address. Firefox refuses to connect, Internet Explorer says they are using a certificate from another website.

And I'd certainly contact Norton. https://support.norton.com/sp/nl/nl/norton-renewal-purchase/current/contact has a chat function (that's closed at the moment) and contact phone (9:00 to 20:00, Friday 9:30 to 20:00).
It's certainly ironic, so they should be told they need to be ashamed.

I've no experience with Norton products, so I can't confirm it's all legitimate, although I think it is. But better be safe than sorry.

Kees
Collapse -
Answer
Looks unsafe.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 19, 2015 7:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
contact with norton
by shinji2024 / May 22, 2015 2:38 AM PDT

Well i have contacted Norton and they are aware of this issue. Savedigital is trying to fix it but in the mean time norton suggests that people ignore the warning and still use the site to make an account and to download their software. Anyway thx for the help guys.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.