This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team. As another poster had mentioned, there are now pop-up blocking features included with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3. If you are receiving a bunch of pop-ups, then you should check your settings, and also make sure that LiveUpdate is set to Automatic. Lastly, you will want to run a Full System Scan with Norton internet Security in Windows Safe Mode.
To check you settings, please follow these steps.
1. Click Start->All Programs->Norton Internet Security, and then choose Norton internet Security from the sub-menu.
2. Click on the "Norton Internet Security" tab at the top of the window.
3. Click on "Settings" to expand the options.
4. Under the "Basic Security" tab, make sure that it says "On" next to "Automatic LiveUpdate.
5. Click on "Web Browsing," and then click on "Personal Firewall," and make sure it says "On."
6. Click on "Intrusion Prevention," and make sure it says 'On."
7. Click on "Spyware Protection," and make sure it says "On."
8. In the left pane of the window, click on "Run LiveUpdate." LiveUpdate will run and download and install any available program and definition files. After it is finished, you may be prompted to restart. After restarting, please manually run LiveUpdate again.
After you have completed checking the settings, close the Norton Internet Security window. Next, boot your computer into Safe Mode and run a Full System Scan.
Please try these steps and let me know if this resolves your issue.
Norton Authorized Support Team