PC Applications forum

General discussion

Norton Password Manager 2004?

by alray1989 / March 28, 2006 6:16 AM PST

I have Norton System works (that includes Password Manager 2004) on a machine that I am going to discard.
On my current machine I have Norton Internet Security 2006 and SystemWorks 2006 (password manager is Not included)
Is there a way to move password Manger over to the new machine without screwing up everything?

Both systems use XP Home SP2.

Thanks

Alray

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton Password Manager 2004?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton Password Manager 2004?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this...
by John.Wilkinson / March 28, 2006 9:17 AM PST

Another user asked a similar question a month or two ago, but never reported back whether or not he was successful, so I'm not sure if this will work or not. Uninstall SystemWorks 2006 from your new computer and 2004 from your old. Run the installer for SystemWorks 2004 on your new computer, installing only the Password Manager, then run the 2006 installer, including everything you want to. That should give you what you desire while avoiding the issues of installing part of an older version on a newer version.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Re: Try This
by alray1989 / March 29, 2006 7:48 AM PST
In reply to: Try this...

Thanks John,

I will give it a try. It will most likely be next week before I have the time.

I will report back.

Collapse -
Good News
by alray1989 / March 29, 2006 9:08 AM PST
In reply to: Try this...

I found out that Norton Password Manager 2004 is on the SystemWorks 2006 CD. It is not part of the normal SystemWorks install.
You have to browse the CD, find the NPM folder, click on Npmsetup.exe and proceed with the install. You must have your Product Activation Key from the NPM 2004 CD.

It took all of 4 minutes to install it.

Collapse -
Interesting!
by John.Wilkinson / March 29, 2006 9:38 AM PST
In reply to: Good News

I'm not a fan of SystemWorks myself, so I just installed a copy on a test machine to give it a run through. I assumed that a complete installation would include everything, so I never browsed the CD. (Give me a moment to slap myself. :)) The most interesting part is they require the NPM 2004 key...you'd think if the product is included on the SW2006 CD they'd allow you to unlock it using the SW2006 key. Well, ya learn something new everyday. Thanks for posting back...that information will sure help with future questions/requests.

Regards,
John

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.