Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Norton Antivirus problems

by epantner / October 10, 2005 6:17 AM PDT

Symantec is becoming a monster like Microsoft, the programs have problems and the support that you get from India.....sucks.
I'm removing it from my computers, instead I'm installing Computer Associates Antivirus software and will evaluate another product that is NOD32.

Emilio

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton Antivirus problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton Antivirus problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Norton A/V not so awful in my estimation
by steve11375 / October 10, 2005 7:41 AM PDT

Emilio,

I've been using Norton A/V first 2003 & now 2005 and I've NEVER had a problem with it. It has auto updates (weekly but U can manually update daily), it runs nightly overnight on my system it has found problems & cleared them. Many people say it uses RESOURCES, guess I have enough resources that I don't see it as a problem (1GB RAM, 3.2GHz CPU) You don't say what your exact problem was just support from India SUCKS??

Steve

Collapse -
The only problem
by nino88 / October 11, 2005 5:30 AM PDT

had with Norton is when using it in Notebooks/PC those have less than 512MB RAM. In fact, I just took out Norton AV from my old Sony Vaio 256MB RAM laptop and booting time cut down by a third (w/ AVG AV).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.