Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Norton Anti-virus

by GeoC / November 16, 2005 5:33 AM PST

I ran the system recovery and am having trouble with Norton Anti-virus. I first got a window that said. A NECESSARY FILE COULD NOT BE LOADED. NAVProd 1002.1. When I clicked ok another window came up that said A NECESSARY COMPONENT FOR THIS FUNCTION IS MISSING OR DAMAGED ccAVMail.dll. I went to the Norton website and it said to uninstall and reinstall the program. When I tried to uninstal it it wouldn't work so I went to RUN and STARTUP and unchecked everything for Norton. When I ran the install CD i got a window that said the file was missing or entered wrong for PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\ccSetMgr. I went back to RUN and STARTUP and checked this box but I'm still getting the same error window when I try to install the program.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton Anti-virus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton Anti-virus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This may help
by Blue_Zee / November 16, 2005 6:05 AM PST
In reply to: Norton Anti-virus
Collapse -
But there are other
by Blue_Zee / November 16, 2005 6:07 AM PST
In reply to: This may help

links for other versions of NAv.

Which one is yours?

Zee

Collapse -
Norton Anti-virus
by GeoC / November 16, 2005 12:49 PM PST
In reply to: This may help

thanks. i'll try that.

Collapse -
Get Rid Of It
by alholzm / November 21, 2005 11:46 AM PST

I have had problems with Norton right out of the box. The company knows they have a problem and refuse to fix it or return your money for it. Lately Norton has been getting bad reviews for its product. Get rid of it and get something that does work.

Collapse -
Norton Anti-virus
by GeoC / November 21, 2005 1:03 PM PST
In reply to: Get Rid Of It

What works?

Collapse -
The simple solution
by steve l / November 22, 2005 2:36 AM PST

The solution to your problem is simple get rid of Norton and download AVAST I did and my pc works much better and its free.
Good Luck.
Steve

Collapse -
Norton's Anti -virus is basically a joke!!
by Earth911 / December 2, 2005 6:56 PM PST

I had Norton Corperate Edition and it was crap.Oh yes,Norton found the virus when it was way to late.I'm using Avast Pro,it actually works unlike Norton. I also used AVG and it actually worked also.Get either Avast or AVG and can crap Norton!!

Collapse -
missing or damage ccAVmail.dll
by sophygod / May 2, 2008 7:07 PM PDT

i wand free download ccAVmail.ddll file. my out look express not scanning incoming & out going mails. pls help me.

Collapse -
Re: ccavmail
by Kees Bakker / May 3, 2008 8:48 PM PDT

The easiest way is to reinstall Norton Antivirus from your installation CD. If you don't have that, maybe consider a another antivirus program. There are some good free ones, like AVG, Avast or Avira.

I found a $9.95 download at http://www.dll4you.com/download/get.php?file=ccavmail.dll&site=3&ver=103.0.1.26&com=Symantec%20Corporation&des=Symantec%20Email%20Scanner
but as it doesn't tell you what version of NAV it belongs to, I think you can just as well donate that $9.95 to John, Hillary or Barrack or buy a nice bottle of wine in stead.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!