General discussion

North Korea Says It Has Nuclear Weapons and Rejects Talks

OKYO, Feb. 10 - In a surprising admission, North Korea's hard-line Communist government declared publicly today for the first time that it has nuclear weapons.

It also said that it will boycott United States-sponsored regional talks designed to end its nuclear program, according to a North Korean Foreign Ministry statement transmitted today by the reclusive nation's wire service.

Advertisement

Pyongyang said it has "manufactured nukes for self-defense to cope with the Bush administration's undisguised policy to isolate and stifle" North Korea, and that it will "bolster its nuclear weapons arsenal."

i hope this is wrong but me thinks its real

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/10/international/asia/10cnd-korea.html

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: North Korea Says It Has Nuclear Weapons and Rejects Talks
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: North Korea Says It Has Nuclear Weapons and Rejects Talks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
why
- Collapse -
well you get it on
- Collapse -
You read that wrong
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i fully agree
- Collapse -
We should boycott feeding them...

and bring down more communism.

- Collapse -
well that would work but

seems china has chimed in for them to resume talks

- Collapse -
Well, I think we should stop giving them aid anyway.

If they spend half as much on learning to do for themselves as they spend trying create bullheaded conflict they might get some where. They won't let anyone teach them how to fish but they want us to keep feeding them. If their so high and mighty they should be able to do for themselves. This cr@ps getting too old.

- Collapse -
That's a bit worrying Mark

A nuclear bomb in the hands of those hot heads.
Let's hope they are bluffing - I am not going to hold my breath on that one. Sad

- Collapse -
Update
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2005/02/10/925856-ap.html

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - North Korea has demanded bilateral talks with the United States to defuse tension created by its announcement that it is a nuclear power, the communist state's UN envoy said in a South Korean newspaper interview published Friday.
- Collapse -
well thats good in words

but as someone posted maybe we should cut off aid to that country.

and i think chinas pressure has helped

- Collapse -
They don't have "power". They don't have cr@p. just...

their bullheaded stupidity. They need to get over it.

- Collapse -
But they do. Wishing won't make it not so.

They have the power to destroy Seoul anytime they wish to. Why do you think they're difficult to handle?

Dan

- Collapse -
well seems china has something to say

and they have more than north korea go ask them

- Collapse -
Ask them what?

What do you mean?

Dan

- Collapse -
sigh your lines stale

you seem to think north koreas so important as you stated they can blow seoul away do you think china will stand still knowing if that happened what we would do.

so its in there interest to control the no. koreans

- Collapse -
It is in many countries interest to control N. Korea.

That does not mean that they have a way to do it.

Dan

- Collapse -
we will see so rest your fears

the rest of the world will save you

- Collapse -
I know you hate to hear it

but what are you talking about now?

Dan

- Collapse -
It seems USA thinks
north koreas so important also

And perhaps USA might have to depend on China if

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2005/02/14/930818.html

Missile defence system flunks

WASHINGTON (AP) ? A test of the national missile defence system failed Monday when an interceptor missile did not launch from its island base in the Pacific Ocean, the military said. It was the second failure in months for the experimental program.

A statement from the Missile Defense Agency said the cause of the failure was under investigation.

Those two bases, Fort Greely, Alaska, and Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., are positioned to oppose the threat of attack from North Korea. Both are still classified as experimental but, officials say, they could fire interceptors in an emergency

Unless they can light the fuse on these missiles
- Collapse -
and the rest of the world

dosnt hmm if the north launches a nuke do you think the world will survive.
so its important that chins influence is used.

good think kerrys not in office as the world wouldnt take him seriously as they see bush has balls can kerry say the same??

- Collapse -
bush has balls

Well someone else claims to have Bush's Balls also

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/cpress/20050212/ca_pr_on_na/sponsorship_golf_balls

TORONTO (CP) - Former prime minister Jean Chretien elicited a few chuckles at the close of his testimony at the Gomery sponsorship inquiry earlier this week when he produced a series of golf balls from his briefcase, signed by the likes of Al Gore (news - web sites), Bill Clinton (news - web sites) and the current U.S. president, George W. Bush.

- Collapse -
well thats as close as they can get

to them haveing balls, but you go ahead and laugh.
you know and the wrorld knows our president was right.

- Collapse -
"The requested document couldn't be found" error. But

in today's world of technology, b@lls, and stupidity I don't think anyone wants wants to play the "if" card.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yep!
- Collapse -
That would be their death warrent and they Know it.

Their not dumb. Just stupid. (Well MABE both)

- Collapse -
That must be

a great comfort to the several people in Seoul who would die a fiery death.

Dan

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Well, the purpose of war involves killing people.
- Collapse -
Killing millions of

innocent civilians as they sit in their homes is not an act of war, it's an atrocity.

Dan

- Collapse -
thats bs and you know it

war is to kill so your saying ww2 when the allies leveled germany and germany leveles great briton, russia was an atrocity?

- Collapse -
You just can't do it, can you?

There is no way to keep you anywhere close to the topic at hand.

Dan

CNET Forums

Forum Info