Computer Help forum

Question

None of my devices can detect any external HDD

by Anboki / November 13, 2014 6:26 AM PST

I have around 10 external HDDs, some I use for Wii games, some for PS3 games. They are not originally external, usually taken out from PC or Laptop. Various producers (WD, Seagate...) This morning I played GTA V using one of them. I use cables for SATA/ATA HDD (adapter and the USB cable) I bought new ones few days ago so I don't think connection is problem. Besides you can hear them spinning and PC pops up message about a usb malfunctioning and in Driver Manager it shows Unkown device until I unplug it. Problem started when PS3 couldn't load HDD. It shows USB icon like it's trying to load but it's gone and it doesn't load any files. I tried other HDDs (that haven't been ever plugged in laptop or PS3) using my main PC with windows xp SP3 and Norton Antivirus 2014. It doesn't load at all. Disk management also doesn't load. All devices load USB sticks without problem. But suddenly none of these HDDs can be detected (even in Seatools) and I don't see a connection between these HDDs, like how did they all out of sudden start behaving like this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: None of my devices can detect any external HDD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: None of my devices can detect any external HDD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
There's your clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 13, 2014 6:59 AM PST

" Disk management also doesn't load. "

The OS has taken a hit. Now that there is a good exploit for XP which I noted in the XP forum:
"Please read http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-patches-19-year-old-windows-bug/

"The flaw affected every version of Microsoft's desktop OS since Windows 95."

I don't use IE for many reasons. It's been the target of many exploits and it should be interesting to see how far back they'll go with the patches.

Windows XP appears to be unpatched.
https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS14-064 "

All bets are off how much longer XP owners have. You gave up the best clue the OS is dinged up.
Bob

Collapse -
But...
by Anboki / November 13, 2014 2:54 PM PST
In reply to: There's your clue.

OK, XP's old, unreliable etc. But this problem showed up when trying to use HDD on ps3. In the morning it worked and few hours later it doesn't. It wasn't connected with XP in more than a week. It was just staying there and would be plugged in PS3. Disk management shows internal HDD of my PC or laptop but not external HDDs. And only these. It even shows USB sticks. (wasn't sure if I was clear)

Collapse -
Re: external disk
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 13, 2014 3:56 PM PST
In reply to: But...

The nice thing with external disks is you can try them everywhere.

So find somebody with a PC that works with his external disk. Then on that same PC try yours. If it works there, it's an issue with your devices. If it doesn't it's an issue with your disk. That's quite simple, isn't it.

Kees

Collapse -
(NT) Ahh. This makes it too easy!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 13, 2014 10:46 PM PST
In reply to: Re: external disk
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?