Question

Non-glossy or glossy trim HP 2000t-2a00??

I've noticed on most of the HP's the trim around the screen is glossy, ugh! I hate that glossy trim! I don't mind it elsewhere on the computer, just not there. Anyway, I've been looking at the HP 2000t-2a00 and it appears in the pictures I've seen online that it's non-glossy. But I can't find anything in any description that says so for sure. Does anyone here know for sure if this laptop has the non-glossy trim?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Non-glossy or glossy trim HP 2000t-2a00??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Non-glossy or glossy trim HP 2000t-2a00??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Why not go to the stores to inspect these?

Imagine your ire if you bought it sight unseen and then hated the keyboard feel.
Bob

- Collapse -
Not a big concern

I don't have a lot of choice living in a small town the options to test before I buy are extremely limited. And all the laptops I viewed and liked all had the glossy trim. That's a deal breaker for me. It's very distracting. I've never had an issue with keyboard feel with any laptop I've bought. And I've bought them all online, sight unseen.

- Collapse -
So is modifying the laptop not possible?

My brother broke a laptop hinge so I took it into the shop to see what could be done since parts couldn't be found. We fashioned a metal piece and with the mechanical out of the way had to fill in the plastic.

Now here's the part that may interest you. Because the fill material was not the same color we put the laptop into a plastic bag then cut out the area we wanted to paint then used painters tape to keep the plastic down and exposing only what we wanted to have paint on. The key idea here is to cover the rest of the machine in an airtight space so the spray paint can't get there.

It seems trivial that I could use this same method to use a non-gloss paint to change that glossy trim. Figure under 10 bucks for the effort.

Why don't folk do this today?
Bob

CNET Forums