General discussion

Non changing Task Bar

I have an Evesham Micros computer with an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core processor, 1gig memory running Windows XP Media Centre. I am trying to tidy up my task bar but every time I boot up the task bar reverts back to the old look. I apply the changes I make but they do not seem to stay after the next boot, only for that session. Is it me?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Non changing Task Bar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Non changing Task Bar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Roger

Is this what you mean, LINK and scroll down to ''How do I stop the Task Bar buttons from grouping''.

Tom

- Collapse -
Re: Non changing Task Bar

Roger, Can you explain a little better what you change that doesn't hold on restart? After you make whatever changes are you right clicking the Taskbar and choosing Lock the Taskbars?

Tufenuf

- Collapse -
Tidying the task bar....

What are you trying to remove ? Icons at the ''Quick Launch Bar'', which is next to the Start button or near the middle of the task bar, or do you mean the icons at the ''System Tray'' or ''Notification Area'', which is next to the clock ?

If the later, you have to go to the programs represented by the icons for Options and Preferences and set it up to not show on the tray, or go to Start-Run-->msconfig to disable the programs on startup. Or go to the ''startup folder'' to remove the programs of your choice, if present there.

CNET Forums