HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Non-Camera Phone

by lbeberdick / March 13, 2007 11:14 PM PDT

I am coming up for renewal of my Verizon Account. Currently have a Samsung I830 non camera smart phone. I cannot have a camera at work. It appears that Verizon and other carriers only have camera phones in their new line up. I have been with Verizon since they were GTE, but if I need to change carriers to get a non-camera phone i will. Does anyone know of a non-camera smart phone out there that is not 3 years old?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Non-Camera Phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Non-Camera Phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yes
by oragane78 / March 14, 2007 4:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Non-Camera Phone

If you go onto cingulars website i know that they have atleast 3 non camera smart phones one being the blackberry 8800 so cingular is an option.

Collapse -
Try the Blackberry 8700G
by Wol4ine / March 21, 2007 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: yes

One of the newer phones that has a great platform for business, emails, texting, sending attachments and files and more, W/OUT a camera, is the Blackberry 8700G. It has high speed internet, quad band, bluetooth capability, full internet browsing, and PC Synchronization. If you visit ushopwirless.com/cr, you can get an amazing deal for the 8700G. The rebates actually give you cash back!

Collapse -
Balckberry is OK
by blaine100 / March 21, 2007 5:12 PM PDT
Collapse -
Palm Treo 700p
by hh / March 21, 2007 11:24 AM PDT

comes in two versions, with or without camera. Also Samsung SCH-i730 comes without a camera. Both ferom Verizon.

Collapse -
Nokia
by QBurk1 / March 22, 2007 5:42 AM PDT

Also look at the Nokia E62 at Cingular. It has gotten very good reviews at numerous sites. It has a roomy keyboard with no camera. Also comes with Wi-fi.

Collapse -
Great Phone
by cherrycutiecool-21869517684625186206587690882301 / February 17, 2008 1:55 AM PST

I would recommend getting a Nokia 2610 from AT&T or T-Mobile, or there's the 3120, available from Amazon unlocked(I own the phone and love it).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.