Phones forum

General discussion

Nokia6133 ringtone questions

I just downloaded a theme song in .mp3 and .mid format into my phone it's about 32 seconds.

I downloaded this to use as a ringtone...however, when I try to select it as a ringtone or try to set it... the phone gives me a message reading, "can not set as tone"

do you guys know why this is or how to get around this for my phone?

this is the phone I got for T-mobile my fav 5 plan.

thanks for all your help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nokia6133 ringtone questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nokia6133 ringtone questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re ringtones

In reply to: Nokia6133 ringtone questions

You and I are out of luck.....so far. I also downloaded mp3 files. Went about 2 or 3 days between T-Mobile, and Nokia......Here's the scoop I got. Yes, T-Mobile and configured the phones to not allow any other than their ringtones. Hi-Fi or "polyphonic" (aka only from their site).
I actually paid Nokia 59.00 for the stupid usb cable to transfer from my notebook to my phone. I am determined to do this. I even converted my mp3 to a amr file. I am going to get this any elp will be appreciated

Collapse -
Nokia 6133 ringtone

In reply to: Nokia6133 ringtone questions

You might try Phone Sherpa to upload your MP3 or CD files to your phone in the right encoding. You can try it or free to see if it works at www.phonesherpa.com

Collapse -
Make WMA files

In reply to: Nokia 6133 ringtone

Use a program to convert your mp3s to WMA files and then you can use them as ringtones. Just get an SD card reader if your computer doesn't have a slot already and you can transfer straight to a mini sd card then put it in your phone. Im sure it's much cheaper than any data cable Nokia sells. My pet peeve with this phone is they have made it impossible to use any third party apps like gmail or google maps or opera mini. I spent a lot of time on the phone with both Nokia and T-Mobile. Nokia says "Don't look at us we just do what our clients want". Talking to CC at T-Mobile required extreme patience. I had explain the problem repeatedly to people who didn't really understand what I was talking about. I finally talked to a third tier tech support person who in so many words told me to stop whining because they weren't going to fix it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.