Question

noisy picture

I have an older 1080i plasma tv (2007) and a new LCD
I just bought a samsung and a sony blu ray.
both blurays have picture noise on the plasma but not on the LCD the resolution is right and both have been updated.
My old blu rays a panisonic and a visio did not have this problem so long as the resoution was right on the bluray.

What can be done the tv works great but dvds work better than blurays. with the new players.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: noisy picture
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: noisy picture
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
More clues are needed

But at 5 years old you are reaching the design life of these things. Did you try setting the BD players to say 720p output?

That 1080i could be an issue on some players. And you may have proved it since your older un-named player did work.
Bob

- Collapse -
What clues you ask.

Model numbers of the set, players old and new and what connections were used.

CNET Forums

Forum Info