Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......

OK, so I've gone about things in completely the wrong way - I paid first, and researched later.
Yes - I know I was foolish, and 'A fool and their money are easily parted'
Well I don?t want any other persons as naive as I to help build the fortunes of the rather clever scam artist behind this software.
There are many, many, many sites listing this product - opening a ?Clickbank? account, and signing up as an affiliate will buy you a slice of the ?financial action?. For every click, someone in the chain kerchings up another few bucks.
The product does not work ?upon complaint, responses from their alleged ?support team' send you on to a 'credible' site, or ask for intimate details about your machine - no doubt to perform other dastardly deeds!!!
So what about the 30-day money back guarantee???? Well I've reported my 'unhappiness', but the credit card is yet to be credited.
Oh well - I've learned my lesson.... I wish this type of thing could be stopped!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......

In reply to: NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: NOADWARE is a scam????? ---> Be Warned......

Yes it would seem it is a scam. If like me, you have gone and purchased the program ( I paid 69.95 for 3 comps). Do not worry. Contact clik bank via email and ask for a refund. They have done this for me immediately.

Collapse -

Donna, Why does CNET allow NOADAWARE to advertise on their sites? Is it just the money? I had tried NOADAWARE because I found it on CNET. SHAME!!!

Collapse -
NoAdware

NoAdware have recently lifted their game somewhat. Spyware Warrior has since removed NoAdware from their rogue/suspect list: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#naw_note

Refunds: http://www.clickbank.com/cs.html

If you have any problems removing a pest as I did with Hotbar, contact their customer support. They updated their definitions file. When I hit the update protection button it pulled down the update and was able to get rid of Hotbar. After that, no problems with Hotbar re-installing, no hotbar popups, all back to normal. Except for the initial problem, my persoanl experience with NoAdware support has all been good!!

Collapse -
Thanks

Collapse -

Fifi__78, there is still hope. Involve your credit card issurer and contest the charge. Usually the procedure is explained on the reverse of your monthly statement... if not look elsewhere. Most likely there is a time limit within which this is to be done so do it promptly with the first statement containing the charge if possible. Prepare to document such as printing some of the Link that Donna furnished and also explain the lack of support and run around received from NOADWARE.

This is generally fairly easy to do and most credit card issures will be cooperative and helpful... you may be surprised to see the credit on the next statement.

Good luck and hold your own,

Glenn

Collapse -

Fifi__78 -- Whenever I have a problem with a purchase and its credit online or otherwise, I call my credit card company and put the transaction in dispute. The charge is removed from my billing statement and a conditional credit is issued in its place.....they tell me to sit back and relax and let them go after these people.

Miki

Collapse -
RIP OFF

I recently signed up for regfix/regcure. If went through ClikBank
I was charged twice for it. I have learned since that others are
being ripped off by clikbank and the ones they are connected with.
I have started searching for others who have encountered the same kind
of problems. A class Action Lawsuit may be in the offing!

Collapse -

You should have bought pestpatrol instead. I think PestPatrol and Webroot's Spysweeper are about the best commercial antispyware products on the market.

Collapse -

Just one question on this; is it a download from NoAdware.Com or NoAdware.Net? I've experienced a full Hard Drive melt down (as in everything that was on it is pretty much gone as the drive goes "k-chunk k-chunk") and would like to TRY to get my money back but I'm not even sure which site I got it from...one DOES look more ligit (.net) than the other (.com).

I'm sure I'm in the same boat as you! Let's hope others learn from our mistake! SIGH!

Collapse -

Collapse -
meltdown

You will have to go after Clikbank they are the ones who debit your
account. Lots of luck! YOU WILL NEED IT!!!

Collapse -

I also was scammed by Noadware. Product didn't solve the problem, and no refund. Do not waste your money!

Collapse -

Hello there,
Just wanted to let you know that if you get in touch with clikbank for a refund of your purchase, you may be successful. I did this and was refunded today, one day after making the mistake of buying noadware.

Collapse -

I've had the same problem. I think the software is not good, but I must say that the person I bought this software from (whoever he/she/they are) responded to all of my tech support emails promptly and I was able to get an easy refund when I asked for one. My particular flavor of NOADWARE was purchased through CLKBANK.COM, and they showed an 800 number on my credit card statement right next to the transaction listing. That's the number I called to get the refund. I don't think that the "tech support" person who has been sending me encouraging emails suggesting how to fix my problem would have been so quick to offer a refund -- but perhaps I'm not being fair, given that I didn't ask him for one.

I should mention that I also spoke to a credit card company representative who suggested that I could have had a chargeback processed through the credit card company if the merchant were not cooperative, although that would have required me to certify that I had tried to get a refund through the merchant first, and sent the credit card company a letter explaining my request detailing why it was I believed I was entitled to a refund.

The fact that my credit card statement had an 800 number as part of the billing name makes me think that the credit card company is the big hero in all this. I suspect CLKBANK.COM's merchant agreement with VISA depends on them not accumulating too many chargebacks.

Amazingly, the system has worked for me, although I'm still not happy about having to reinstall WINDOWS to clear my system. Whatever hit my system was very nasty and I probably spent 10 or more hours trying to figure out how to clear the process (I think it was called WLNLOGIN.EXE or W1NLOGON.EXE, spoofing winlogin.exe) that was sucking 50% of my CPU time. I'm just glad I happened to have all my install disks and drivers available. Having those handy in the first instance would have made reinstalling WINDOWS a relatively painless solution. As it turns out I had to search through lots of drawers before I found the necessary drivers, and that took several more hours.

Good luck!

Collapse -
NOADWARE is a scam, and a trojen

This program is not only a scam, it downloads spyware and viruses while pretending to stop them. It will also reinstall itself as you uninstall it by forcing you to fill out and send a survey before the removal is finnished. it then downloads and reinstalls itself.
To get rid of this pest, disconnect from the network first.
I have had three of my clients loose all of their data to this "scam"
Myron

Collapse -
NoAdware sucks............

In reply to: NOADWARE is a scam, and a trojen

but I don't think it is a scam. I guess I cannot say whether it is or not because I did not experience any of the troubles some of you have stated in this forum. I uninstalled this program with no problems and then proceeded to get my money back without a problem. I had to fill out a form and fax it to clickbank. I was not happy with the product but was relatively pleased with their customer support. They did try to get me to install some program to help get rid of the pop up issue but I put my foot down and make it clear to them that I did not want NoAdware or any other programs of theres on my computer. They said ok and bam i had my 29.95 back in my bank account in a matter of about 2 days. My advice is do not buy this product...there are much better products out there that are FREE. Ad-Aware SE and Spywareblaster are 2 must haves on anyones computer. Good luck!

Collapse -
Re: NoAdware

In reply to: NoAdware sucks............

Even if it is the best software in the world, not everyone will like it!

I personally won't change NoAdware with any other software -- cause it works. No questions about that.

To solve the refund mystery: First of all on the purchase page they say 8 weeks, 56 days not just 30days... you can test it for 56 days.

When I ordered I received an email from clickbank.net and there was a link at the bottom, if you click that you will be taken to clickbank.net support and there is where you can request a refund. Do it and see what I mean.

Clickbank products cannot (or rather impossible) be illegal products, scams and that such because before you can sell anything on Clickbank they test your product... Other merchants give you an account, you pay them money and next day you start selling. Clickbank has a verification process.

Lavasoft software might rock obviosly and the reason is because it's FREE. But it has no real time protection! That's too bad.

Did anyone make use of NoAdware Live Chat? No one talked about it yet.

Karl

Collapse -
support

In reply to: Re: NoAdware

It sounds like you may be on clikbanks payroll. I have been trying
to get money restored to my bank acct. for a week now where they
debited it twice. They don't even reply!

Collapse -

Fifi: You need to notify your credit card company and The Better Business Bureau of this incident. I had a similar one a few years back and the credit card company made a chargeback of the funds and I got my credit. Hope this will help.
Guillermo

Collapse -

Dear Fifi_78

Sad I hated noadware too. Everybody must AVOID noadware at all costs! I installed the

Collapse -

Ohhhh, by the way, after reading MEGAREDS post I remembered something else: when running noadware my PIV pc suddenly seemed acting as my first pc, a 8086..., so I didn't let it go further (I have it slightly overboosted, so I know when something's going "too" wrong)and as the stop/close weren't working at all, I turned the machine off in the power button: I rather prefer a few minutes' disk re-re-recheckings than a real tragedy. Whatever noadware was

Collapse -
Helper, check this link

Collapse -
Re: Helper, check this link

In reply to: Helper, check this link

Hi, Roddy32!

Sorry for just posting now, but I've been away.

Thanks for the warning, but I liked Xoftspy (I've the 3.45 registered version): fast, reliable and so. The opposite to noadware, it's spyware itself. Besides, I always test a "try before you buy" software with similar products. Eg, Spybot detects malware that Adaware doesn't, and vice-versa. So the most help you can get, the best. And Xoftspy detected things that Adaware SE and Spybot didn't...

Helper2Happy

PS: BTW, I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Helper, check this link

That is your choice Helper but if you read the note next to it on the list on the link you would see that the reasons that is detects more is that they are probably false positives. I know of NO reputable security forum that recommends that application. Have a nice holiday yourself and safe computing to you.

Collapse -

Hi Again, Roddy32!

Well, it seems I am being helped more than I help. Ok, you convinced me, and I uninstalled xoftspy; although the two files xoftspy detected, it treated them as minor treats, and could really be "true positives"). Eg coolwebsearch is too difficult to detect, that damned thing seems knowing as many stealth techniques as my sygate firewall, and cwsshredder is often finding a few files remaining... The true is that no spyware detects 100% of the treats all the time: several ones must be used to cover the backs & gaps ones of the others - it's a team work.

Nice Holiday for you and Safe computing too, as alotta care isn't too much on these days.

BTW, please check this fine link I found recently: http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Collapse -

Thanks Helper
I use 4 of them myself plus AV. LOL. Ahuma is a good organization. I have checked their forums on occasion. I saved that link on favorites, it's got the downloads for a few that I didn't have. SEE? You are a Helper afterall. LOL Have a great day. Grin

Collapse -

I am puzzled by all the negative comments on NOADWARE. I downloaded this free ware and have been using it with no problems. I'm running Windows XP. Am I missing some hidden defect this software has caused?

Collapse -

Read this link. It's from Eric Howes who is one of the leading experts in this field. Just scroll down the list and read what it says about NOADWARE. If you check ANY of the other reputable Security Forums, they will tell you the same thing. This is includes most of the ones to stay away from, although others are popping up all the time. If you want to continue using it, it is your choice.
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Collapse -

Thank you Roddy32 for responding. I checked the website you provided and another adwarereport.com which indicated poor performance. I've removed noadware and will hunt for a good one.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.