The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

No sponsor, eh?

BOL still has no sponsor? Why? I heard from last episode that many people are interested in sponsoring BOL, but how will you decide which one?

I remember way back when CBS bought CNET that people were really scared that BOL may lose its impartiality when it comes to discussing CBS-related news.

The 404 podcast sponsor's is Beck's Beer. If you haven't heard of the 404, it is a great podcast to listen to after BOL. Someone should contact Five Guys Burger and tell them to sponsor BOL.

MMMMMM...Five Guys burger....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No sponsor, eh?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No sponsor, eh?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No sponsor, eh?

In reply to: No sponsor, eh?

I know that Becks does sponsor the 404 and I though that CBS always sponsors BOL.

Collapse -
RE:

CBS doesn't sponsor BOL, they pay the hosts.

Collapse -
Best Buy, Earthlink?

What happened to those follows? Numbers not a return on the investment?

Collapse -
Both sponsors canceled

In reply to: Best Buy, Earthlink?

I can't say why. I actually don't know. Though Best Buy certainly was cutting back advertising in more than just podcasting. As were a lot of companies.

Earthlink canceled several years ago.

Collapse -
I miss the Earthlink/Best Buy Guy

In reply to: Both sponsors canceled

I really liked his voice. Happy

Collapse -
I'm pretty sure he was/is a cNET employee

In reply to: I miss the Earthlink/Best Buy Guy

I thought I heard on one of the podcasts of yesteryear that the voiceover person was some guy from cNET who was simply asked to read the copy.

Collapse -
yeah, I knew that

In reply to: I'm pretty sure he was/is a cNET employee

And he made a cameo appearance in episode 1010 advertising "this product." Just listened to it on my jog this evening.

Collapse -
Stimulus package

In reply to: Both sponsors canceled

That's sad. Perhaps you can apply for the fine American stimulus package? Wink

Collapse -
It is pretty sad, isn't it?

Here you've got TWIT with no apparent problem getting sponsors, yet BOL --now part of the CBS family-- without. Someone in sales has really dropped the ball on this.

It's absolutely true that in a bad economy, advertising is one of the first cuts that businesses make. It's counterintuitive, actually, because when there are fewer competitive advertising voices out there, yours can really stand out in the diminished crowd. That's my old radio sales training book mantra coming back, lol.

Nevertheless, unless cNET has priced the podcast rates exorbitantly high, I don't see why they can't get a sponsor or two. It would probably be best if the sponsor could reap benefits of reaching a worldwide audience, vs. Best Buy and Earthlink, which are primarily American concerns. TWIT's audible.com and the occasional gotomeeting sponsorship fill that bill nicely.

Collapse -
Leo has said

In reply to: It is pretty sad, isn't it?

That the market is better for podcasters right now. That advertisers are turning to smaller cheaper prove effective advertisers like podcasters. The recession is actually good for new media.

Collapse -
Five Burger Burger

Who are they???? Are just a local burger joint.

Collapse -
Reynholm Industries would be great

I think they should do ads for Reynholm Industries. They are a international company with headquarters in GB.

Collapse -
Reynholm Industries on ye ol' Wikipedia

In reply to: Reynholm Industries would be great

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.