HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

Question

No speaker sounds when connected to Samsung 60 inch HDTV

by JoeV_25 / December 9, 2014 11:08 AM PST

I had a 28 inch Samsung HDTV. It was connected to a switch box and an AM-FM receiver so that I can hear the television sound through house speakers. I now bought a 60 inch Samsung, and when I connect the red-white wires to the TV, I get NO SOUND. I tried reversing them, and confirmed the switch box worked (it did when I switched to a cd player and a cassette player). The only sound I get is a bit of static when I touch one of the wires to the outside of the connection on the tv. I have changed the "audio settings" on the tv: mono, stereo, surround sound; with no luck. Is there another setting I need to change on the tv? This is so frustrating! Thanks for any help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No speaker sounds when connected to Samsung 60 inch HDTV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No speaker sounds when connected to Samsung 60 inch HDTV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Tell a little more
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 9, 2014 11:20 AM PST

Almost 100% of Samsung TVs use the Red White RCA jacks to send audio TO the TV. You seem to have it hooked up wrong. Tell the full model number or just post a link of your model (samsung.com) so we can proceed.

Collapse -
samsung wiring
by JoeV_25 / December 10, 2014 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: Tell a little more

I am using all red-white jacks; the same ones I used on the 28 inch tv. I connected the red jack to the red audio receptacle on the back of the tv (same with white), and then directly connected it to the back of a Realistic STA-52 AM/FM stereo receiver. There is an "aux" jack with two receptacles noted "L" and "R". I tried both combinations (red in the left, then white in the left), with no results. The model number is UN60H6203AF. thanks for any help. Is there a way of checking the audio receptacles on the tv?

Collapse -
more information
by JoeV_25 / December 10, 2014 11:45 AM PST
In reply to: Tell a little more

Upon thinking about it, I originally used a black/grey wire for the 28 inch tv-- from the tv to the switch box. It had the RCA type connections, like the red-white ones. Will that make a difference?

Collapse -
I can't find the model of the TV
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 10, 2014 2:33 PM PST
In reply to: more information

Almost all RCA jacks are inputs to the TV. Since I can't find the model number I think it's hooked up wrong.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Check your TV condition
by mriollchwen / December 10, 2014 12:50 PM PST

I think some cable issues. Check your cable or otherwise contact your tv vendor for your problem.

Collapse -
! solved the problem!!
by JoeV_25 / December 11, 2014 10:57 AM PST

I went back to Best Buy and talked to one of the stereo reps. He said my question was the second one he had that night. What I needed was a stereo to RCA audio cable. The one (black) connection looks almost like a head phone jack. That went into the "audio out" on the back of the tv, and the red-white connections went into the switch box. It worked!! Now I have to work on the cd-dvd player. Thanks for your assistance. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.