Samsung forum

Question

No sound on S27B750V

Had to utilize DVI to HDMI converter from graphics card.
Appearantly converter does not work for audio??
So says future shop computer whiz.
So I connected supplied AV cord from tower to proper place in back of monitor. Tried changing default from graphic card to sound card, still no sound??
Any help would really be appreciated.
Love the 27" but need sound!!
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No sound on S27B750V
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No sound on S27B750V
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
DVI does not mean it has sound.

In reply to: No sound on S27B750V

It might but not a sure thing. For audio in this situation, use another connection.
Bob

Collapse -
No sound

In reply to: DVI does not mean it has sound.

Thanks Bob;
I've tried all I know. I had to wait 3 weeks for DVI to HDMI converter, only one I have.
This is the only connection this tower has for a monitor.
It comes off a ATI HD4870 graphics card.
Headphones are working.
Tried different audio cord.
Either I'm missing something, or speakers are bad on this particular monitor?
I was told that DVI doesn't mean there is sound, although I had to get a converter for Wii
and the sound is good there.
Thanks for suggestion tho, as when we get frustrated, we tend to forget the simple obvious fix??
Jim

Collapse -
No sound

In reply to: DVI does not mean it has sound.

Problem resolved, HDMI was only way to hook to tower, but sound would not go through HDMI.
When I hooked up Audio cord, monitor still tried to receive sound from HDMI, conflict allowed no sound.
Took wonderfull Samsung back to store and returned for full refund.
Bought an Asus 27" with DVI connection and audio connection, I have sound and picture.
I liked the Samsung, but store said they did not offer monitor to fit my needs.
Still like Samsung, but gotta go with what works.
Jim

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.