TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

No sound on my Hitachi HDTV Model# 43F300 *Please help!*

by JoshD73 / November 20, 2006 10:03 PM PST

Okay, so I just bought a Hitachi HDTV from a friend for a hundred bucks, however, after hooking it up there's no sound coming from the speakers. While I've tried adjusting the menu options on the TV from stereo to mono and so forth, all I've been able to do is have it play about half a second of audio everytime I change the channel. Now, I've got a cheap Wal-Mart speaker system, but I can't seem to get it to work with the TV no matter how I hook it up (it's got the standard Red, Yellow and White cables). If anyone knows how I could overcome this problem I'd be indebted to you! Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated -_^.

-Josh D-

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No sound on my Hitachi HDTV Model# 43F300 *Please help!*
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No sound on my Hitachi HDTV Model# 43F300 *Please help!*
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Three questions. . .
by Coryphaeus / November 20, 2006 10:09 PM PST

Do the internal speakers work?

Are you connecting to the audio out?

Is there a setting for external speakers?

Collapse -
Why not ask your friend about it?
by Kees Bakker / November 20, 2006 10:24 PM PST

Either he sold you a defective system (and if he's a real friend he'll take it back) or he'll show you what to do. I don't exclude it's a problem of your speaker set, so ask him to take his original set with him to see if that works.

With my TV, by the way, the red/yellow/white tulip connections are for video (and sound) INPUT. And it doesn't have sound OUTPUT, only internal speakers. But, of course, yours is a different.

And did he give you the original user manual that came with it when he bought it?

Kees

Collapse -
$100 WHAT A STEEL HERE IS WHAT I WOULD
by stewart norrie / November 21, 2006 6:41 AM PST

If you get a nice hi-def picture its a keeper WHY? for the price of repairing it You can add a nice cable or satellite system hi-def system then take your audio off the box to your amp. I have never used my t.v. speakers I always run my audio from the box to my 5.1 amp. by the way how is the picture quality ? how do you have it hooked up? steweeeeeeeeeee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.