Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

No sound on burned dvds.

by IrisRose / May 3, 2006 2:47 PM PDT

I have been successfully ripping dvds to my hard drive and burning them again to disk. These are private concert recordings of an artist who approves of the practice. They are not commercial/professional/copyrighted material.
One dvd, however, will rip successfully to my hard drive and play there, but will not transfer audio to the dvd disk.
I have tried direct copying to the hard drive, then burning with Nero7. I have tried backup to hard drive with Nero, and reburning. I have used dvdshrink. So far no luck. With other dvds, I rip and burn the video folder with success. The audio folder is empty anyway.
I just cannot seem to transfer the sound on this particular dvd. Any answers?
dvd drive is Plextor.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No sound on burned dvds.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No sound on burned dvds.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try the authors of the dvd rip software.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 3, 2006 11:25 PM PDT

No details so this discussion ends quickly.

Bob

Collapse -
(NT) What details do you need?
by IrisRose / May 4, 2006 12:03 AM PDT

What details do you need? I have used dvdshrink3.2 and Nero7Backup. I have also simply copied to harddrive.
Unfortunately, Nero provides little support. The problem is not Nero's anyway, since it occurs with three different methods of ripping.
Bob, I notice that you respond to all posts. That is much appreciated, indeed. Is it possible that someone else might have an idea.
Please tell me what other information you need to address this problem.
I feel a little "rebuffed." Sad I'm sure that you did not mean it that way.

Collapse -
I think you found it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 4, 2006 12:25 AM PDT

While the first software can make an image or get the files out, NERO is well known to have issues creating a proper DVD.

Change that piece.

And to be clear on Nero, I haven't heard of a fix.

-> I leave it to members to supply needed information. Your first post was very light on details and you could have saved one back and forth by supplying the titles you used.

Bob

Collapse -
How about dvd to dvd copy or...
by Art / May 4, 2006 5:09 PM PDT

dvd to iso image then burn from image? If that doesn't work then you know the audio codec is not the everyday variety codec we are familiar with.

Collapse -
will try this
by IrisRose / May 6, 2006 1:09 PM PDT

Art, thank you for your suggestion. I am going to have to reinstall my second dvd burner to do so, but that is not a hard thing.
I just checked with the person who sent me the dvd, and he said he used nero, copying from one disk to another, as you suggest. It should work, but it doesn't. I'll try your suggestion. Thanks again.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!