LG forum

General discussion

No sound from pc to lg 32lb58ov-zm

by mikeno4 / January 16, 2015 1:14 AM PST

I decided to buy a lg 32 LB580V-ZM tv for the dining room and use it as a monitor for my pc aswell.The pc is connected to the tv through a dvi-hdmi cable from my nvidia 8600gts and the screen is perfect but theres no sound which is connected through a rca cable as the tv manual states.I played an album in the background and messed around with the realtek software in the hope that it would come on but no luck.The pc is set up on hdmi 2 but the funny thing is when i change the tv over to any other hdmi channel the sound off the pc can be heard.
Rca = 3.5mm jack in green speaker out socket to red/white audio in on tv

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No sound from pc to lg 32lb58ov-zm
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No sound from pc to lg 32lb58ov-zm
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2015 4:47 AM PST

Go with the working connection. DVI can indeed force you into a less than easy connection scheme.

Collapse -
PS. Can't find that model at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2015 4:59 AM PST
In reply to: Advice
Collapse -
Here's the link
by mikeno4 / January 16, 2015 9:09 PM PST
Collapse -
You gave a clue and I missed it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2015 1:26 AM PST
In reply to: Here's the link

"the funny thing is when i change the tv over to any other hdmi channel the sound off the pc can be heard."

There's your clue. Move to that working audio channel them move the HDMI cable to that channel.

Collapse -
Already tried it
by mikeno4 / January 17, 2015 8:32 PM PST

I've already tried that but as soon as i insert the hdmi cable in the sound goes off,the same goes when i remove the hdmi cable from hdmi2 the sound goes on.

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2015 2:28 AM PST
In reply to: Already tried it

It appears the TV is too smart and sources the audio automatically. I'd forget this and just run the audio to some soundbar or speakers and be done.

Collapse -
well stumped
by mikeno4 / January 24, 2015 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: Stumper.

It looks like the tv is trying to find the audio through the dvi - hdmi cable but the manual for the tv shows
to connect the pc to the tv involves a dvi - hdmi cable and a red/white rca audio cable.
your right for the time being i have my old speakers hidden behind the tv.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?