Windows Legacy OS forum

Question

No Sound Coming From Windows XP Speakers

I've got a problem with my speakers on my computer. No sound is coming through. I've tried almost everything but I can't think of anything else. So I'm asking for help now. This is the only thing that I can find out that's wrong with it. All the functions are working on the computer but nothing from the speakers. I can hear from the headphones but that's it.

Here's a picture of what's the only thing I can figure out that would be a problem but I can't figure it out. As you can see, the Audio part is not highlighted and won't let me clink on it.

Please anyone help if you can.

PHOTO BELOW
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j159/Ashley_Meixueiro/10912835_10153657684088868_732765665_n_zps9d432b6f.jpg

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Sound Coming From Windows XP Speakers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Sound Coming From Windows XP Speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
check the physical

In reply to: No Sound Coming From Windows XP Speakers

the plugs, the wires. Next check the "mixer" settings, should be some icon for sound in the systray (bottom right corner). Open "Device Manager" and see if there are any yellow warning marks there.

Collapse -
No

In reply to: check the physical

No, there aren't any yellow marks.

Collapse -
If a laptop

In reply to: No

then may be some key combo, such as function key, which adjusts or turns the sound off. Also volume control on side of laptop. If desktop, try a different set of speakers. Also check the speakers are plugged into the correct hole in back. If you have one of those systems where you choose the function for a rear speaker system, check to be sure you have that software program set up correct.

Collapse -
Answer
Try below inforation

Check the wire connection and in the settings. Also check in the device manager whether the audio driver has been installed correctly or not. If not install the audio driver from your mother disk. Else search in online by using your motherboard name. So that you can get exact driver to install in your machine.

Collapse -
Answer
check this

Hi, this will happen because of the audio drive also, first need to check in the audio settings. If everything is enabled in it and everything is fine means, then go to device manager in the computer and check the audio drive is installed properly in the computer. Check the below link for more troubleshooting steps.

No Audio In Windows

In the above link choose the operating system and check the troubleshooting steps.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.